Media discussion - 2024/25

I can’t believe we are openly arguing that if you disagree with someone who is doing their job, they deserve a slap.

Honestly society has taken a big nose dive since Covid. Every other fucker has a chip on their shoulder, and a huge sense of entitlement. Kicking off with a person on a train is also big ‘main character syndrome’ vibes. I’m sure he or she was telling all his mates ‘I’m gonna kick off with that journalist. Watch me!’ before heading over.

Still silence from the bluemoon poster who kicked off on the train, I wonder why.
Are they doing there job tho, if there job is to stir hatred with continuous opinion pieces then you could argue that yes they are indeed doing their job, it was always my understanding that the press job was to report the events of the day with no bias and just clear and concise facts and if that is their job then i would argue that they are failing miserably at it.

I dont feel entitled to anything at all, i would just like to see balance and a level of reporting that doesnt involve the opinion of the person writing it, sam lee or anyone else is no more qualified than you or I to express his opinion on football or football finance for that matter beyond having a larger platform and being able to express it more eruditely than most and that is all, his opinion is irrelevant just look yours and mine.

I can’t believe we are openly arguing that if you disagree with someone who is doing their job, they deserve a slap.

Honestly society has taken a big nose dive since Covid. Every other fucker has a chip on their shoulder, and a huge sense of entitlement. Kicking off with a person on a train is also big ‘main character syndrome’ vibes. I’m sure he or she was telling all his mates ‘I’m gonna kick off with that journalist. Watch me!’ before heading over.

Still silence from the bluemoon poster who kicked off on the train, I wonder why.
You seem to want to keep the fire going though mate.

Whats the point, you have made your mind up and your comment calling people weirdos says something. Online weirdos, yet here you are online.

I was there, saw and heard it all but as with anything there is potentially three sides to a story, yours, the other and the truth.

Facts for me are no one threatened Lee, he was the first to call anyone and also the one asking for a fight or shall we say trying to goad someone to fight

Funny how he also found time on the day to apologise to those involved as if he knew he was wrong

But here he is now spinning a yarn on a podcast according to you.

The guy is a lying ****.
@mayo31 please don't let the truth get in the way. It stops Blues attacking other Blues and makes them read all of the posts. There simply isn't the time to do that, far better to make up some shit in defence of a bitter rag hack and move quickly onto another thread.

With our successes over the last 15 years we've attracted new fans as you'd expect, most of whom will be young. Unfortunately, society is going downhill fast to my eyes at least and those young kids are now late teenage and early twenties and don't seem to have a scooby on how to behave in civilised society. Presumably it's taught or inherited behaviour from parents who weren't much better themselves, the human race is truly fucked.
@Centurions Wow, that's a huge statement you are making about our new fans. People who have joined in the last 15 years throw rocks at cops and have shit parents.
(Read the post you replied to and then agreed with)

Last edited:

Definitely Sam.

I'm certainly not one but if that's your take on people pushing back on supposed Blues threatening people in public because they write things they disagree with then there's no helping you.

I find the best option is just to not read them, rather than froth at the mouth as some of the mouth breeders on here do.

Just out of interest is it ok to criticise Joey Barton or Tommy Robinson & people of that ilk if they write defamatory stuff. I’d imagine they’d respond aggressively if called out & would lie to their followers if they’ve made a cock of themselves.

You appear to be frothing at the mouth at views your reading whilst giving advice that you aren’t following….

I'm not a fan of many journalists who report on City and I hate how the media try and gaslight the fanbase that they are being unreasonable/paranoid for pointing out the clear double standards(bullshitters)... But I do think people can go way over the top with Sam Lee personally. Also, we could do without giving them reasons to attack the fanbase or silence our voices even further. edit: If he's making up stories about being threatened with violence, that would be something new. That would change things going forward but the rest stands.

He's not a City fan and has not pretended to be but has covered City for many years. I think that's were the problem is with the 'snide' articles and angles that have popped up, if was just any other journalist some of the examples given would be bottom of the pile.

Though, I can't work out how he would know they had a lot of posts on bluemoon. Did he give his bluemoon credentials before offering him out? That would make it even more cringeworthy.

Also, wasn't there a journalist who did a piece for the Mail on the UEFA case/CAS verdict who used to be a City fan. I can't seem to find him or his articles, so I may be misremembering things. But I seem to remember one that rivals would use to add weight to the idea that City were in deep trouble because he was siding against City and the ownership all the time. You know the: "He's one of you lot and he admits your club is dodgy" bullshit? Maybe that has added to it and why people are so quick to point out 'Sam is a rag and he's snidey''.

you mean Martin Samuel?

I'm not a fan of Sam Lee as he always seems to paint us as guilty when he talks about the PL charges. However what I find most interesting about this non story on a train is how Lee knows the blue who asked him out was a bluemoon poster? The blue must have either said I'm so and so on bluemoon? which is a bit bizarre or Lee must have known him? Neither seems right?
Maybe had his name on the back of his shirt?

I'm not a fan of Sam Lee as he always seems to paint us as guilty when he talks about the PL charges. However what I find most interesting about this non story on a train is how Lee knows the blue who asked him out was a bluemoon poster? The blue must have either said I'm so and so on bluemoon? which is a bit bizarre or Lee must have known him? Neither seems right?

he will no doubt look at this page or have an account. Or possibly one of the angry posters commenting on this.

I tweeted him Sunday but got no reply

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.