Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

He wasn't great last night l but the role is wrong for him - why's he got his back to goal holding of 2 or 3 every time? I think the major issue for England is there isn't anyone with the speed of thought to judge his runs and find him in soace. We should also acknowledge that Kane could never play for City - he'd have no chance of keeping up. Sterling had to turn around and wait several times

He doesn't exactly help himself with his performances at international level . Southgate will inevitably give in to media pressure and drop him and in all fairness he can have few complaints. Having said that england are an ordinary side . Rat face lingaard is worse but somehow escapes criticism.

He wasn't great last night l but the role is wrong for him - why's he got his back to goal holding of 2 or 3 every time? I think the major issue for England is there isn't anyone with the speed of thought to judge his runs and find him in soace. We should also acknowledge that Kane could never play for City - he'd have no chance of keeping up. Sterling had to turn around and wait several times
Because he had to come deep.
He manages to "keep up" at spuds. Would fit in easily in any elite side.

He doesn't exactly help himself with his performances at international level . Southgate will inevitably give in to media pressure and drop him and in all fairness he can have few complaints. Having said that england are an ordinary side . Rat face lingaard is worse but somehow escapes criticism.
Delle Ali scored 2 in 26
Lingard scored 1 in 12
So others are not exactly prolific either ...

I feel like Raheem will suffer in this formation and in all fairness had a poor game last night. I actually think he will be more suited to that position against better teams. Against teams like Tunisia and i imagine Panama they just totally congest the middle and sit deep which gave Raheem no room at all. 352 against these teams is rediculous really as well, no need for 3 CB's when we are playing a team who had no intention of coming forward. Would much rather see 433 with Sterling to the right of Kane and Rashford on the other side. Get Walker at RB where he is so dangerous and i think that suits us much better against poor sides.

I feel like Raheem will suffer in this formation and in all fairness had a poor game last night. I actually think he will be more suited to that position against better teams. Against teams like Tunisia and i imagine Panama they just totally congest the middle and sit deep which gave Raheem no room at all. 352 against these teams is rediculous really as well, no need for 3 CB's when we are playing a team who had no intention of coming forward. Would much rather see 433 with Sterling to the right of Kane and Rashford on the other side. Get Walker at RB where he is so dangerous and i think that suits us much better against poor sides.

Fair point but I don't think it's best practice to be chopping and changing formation based on opposition. Some tweaks would make more sense to me, for example last night Sterling should've been given a freer role to drop deep and wide to link play with Kane more central as a lone striker.

Bet the players and Southgate love Sterling in the squad because we play shit the spotlight is always on Sterling not the squad members.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.