Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

The article itself doesn't seem too offensive they, and other shitty papers have done this type of article on various players in the past. The problem is leaving the article open to comments. When they run such an article on national treasures like Steeeevie Gee or Goldenbollocks, the masses only comment on how classy and lovely the house is because they are stupid sheep whom have swallowed hook and line all the previous positive articles. Given that the gutter press only write execrable and unpleasant articles on Raheem, then obviously the sheep will do the mails job for them in the comments section.

I think there's a lot behind this media racism claim. He's young and black, and the old white elite don't like him because of it. You very rarely hear about how he's an incredibly kind person, how he does a lot for charity and how he's brought a lot of his childhood friends and relatives with him on his journey.

I remember someone pointing out that Spurs were the media's blue eyed boys. They get a lot of airtime and praise compared to other clubs. His point is based on Spurs being seen as a Jewish team and our mostly Jewish-owned media companies like them. I think the same media companies probably have an issue with a club that's owned by Muslim billionaires, hence the countless negative stories about us. More recently, they want more 'clicks' for advertising - so they praise the clubs with the biggest fanbase and give them a common enemy who they can scoff at from their high horse. All this leads to more clicks, more advertising, more drama, more comments and engagement. It really is an advertising dream - and most of us are stupid enough to get enraged by it.

The difference might be that those articles were probably not given as much precedence(main page/back page) and I remember Beckham did get it bad at times as did most of the players you mention but there were other pro Beckham articles all the time to balance it out the following week... where is this balance for Sterling? It's all negative.

Last edited:
he builds what he wants, he builds what he wants "raheem sterling".......

12 months before he signed for city they did a full profile interview on sterling on BBC.. They said wonderful things about the guy showing his goals and runs, Liverpool had one of the best up and coming players in the country,he couldnt do anything wrong.

Then he signed for city, oh how the shit media now like to put him down.

Think people are being oversensitive with this one and looking for something that isn't actually there.

Unless it's since been edited, the article in question is not even giving him any grief about it. It's just stating that he's bought a fancy new house and saying what's included with it.

I've seen plenty of similar articles over the years about loads of different footballers and their big houses. Far from persecuting him, it's actually quite an aspirational piece.

As a standalone article isn't not particularly bad, but it's part of the wider scrutiny that Sterling seems to come under. The sink, Poundland, THREE garages etc. There seems to be a disproportionate amount of interest in how Sterling chooses to spend his own money.

Not only did he have the gall to leave the incredible, ancient and honourable Liverpool FC for a team with no history, full of horrible foreign mercenaries which is financed by Arab oil money but he had to go and be black on top of it all. The young lad clearly deserves everything that is coming to him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.