Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

I think that was probably Robbie Fowler who has a fucking massive portfolio in the housing market.And good luck to the lad as its now a full time business,as it was when he was playing.

Not knocking them Oakie,it's their money,as you say "good luck to them".
It's just getting silly now,how they pick up more on what Sterling does compared to others.
Sure Owen bought a full street for his family and was praised to the heavens for it.
Sterling bought his mother a house and was lambasted for it.

What about Cahill? - https://www.thesun.co.uk/archives/n...-mega-mansion-despite-neighbours-kicking-off/

I'm not disagreeing that he's had disgusting treatment in the past, and he might well do in the future (and if he does I'll be one of the first putting complaints in) but this isn't part of that. This is just what everyone goes through. Wilshere isn't a household name worldwide, nor is Luke Shaw who's had it, Gary Cahill, Sol Campbell - all of whom have got the same article.

The sink fiasco was appalling, the twitter picture was borderline comical, but this house article isn't part of a campaign against Sterling, it's what they all get.

You can't just jump at any and all media coverage and throw it in with the unfair stuff, or you create a world where no media coverage of one of England's top players is a campaign, and it isn't. You can't point to this article and scream racism when there's literally dozens of articles with almost the exact same wording but different photos for white footballers.

If you do this, it will become just like the media bias against City thread where it descends into conspiracy theories and stops being taken seriously - people will laugh off the genuine racial element the coverage in the summer seemed to have. Keep the complaints to articles that actually are unfair treatment.

And for what it's worth, the sink thing, along with the Sun's prolonged campaign against him turned the public and the sports press (who weren't actually involved in that) against Sterling bashing. They went too far and everyone knows it. The poundland thing got dominated not by the original story but by the fact it was from an old article and the reaction from pretty much everyone was disdain for the paper not the player.

I don't disagree on the whole, except for the contention that this is something that everyone goes through. The sheer number of manufactured Sterling stories (ie dredging up 3 year old photos) set him apart IMO. The Mail is the cnutiest paper in Britain and, unfortunately, the most read online in the world allegedly. Virtually all of its articles from first page to last have comments sections, and are written in a style designed to reinforce the prejudices of its traditional (and moronic) readership. Sterling, young, black, rich, and impertinent enough to have deserted one of the media's holy cow clubs, represents everything your average Mail reader hates. Whilst the article itself might seem like one in a long line of "look at this footballer's house" specials, you've only got to look at the bile laden comments section to understand the true underlying purpose of it. Sterling is a cheap clickbait score for certain parts of the media. I have no proof of that of course, but that's my reading of this article

I've heard he even has a bathroom the sick fucker. Who does he think he is not shitting in a trench like the rest of us?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.