Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

There isn't a white sterling out there to compare to. None with his talent, experience and skillset at this time. But if your looking for comparisons in terms of how he is dealt with differently, try this. Pickford has a tattoo of a knife on his body, sterling one of a gun. Which one got grief, even though the rate of knife crime has risen exponentially across the country in recent years. I'm fine with you holding a view of reality which makes you feel better about yourself, but I can't say Ill agree to a point of view which offers no reasoning or logic.

Why are you looking for comparisons. You clearly said that if Sterling were white he would not be getting any grief from the press and you have convinced yourself of this. I would be interested to think how many others on here support your supposition.

1/ He fucked off Liverpool to the media's dismay, 2/ He fucked them off for a team owned by Arabs, 3/ He is now the most high profile black player in the country. A clickbait dream. 4/ The narrative has begun to move on with sections of the media sussing what it's all been about my A move on a further black footballer would generate a pattern a course of conduct more easily identifiable, leading at best to reduced newspaper circulation figure or at worse revenue suicide.
Stop at 1 and you wont be far off the truth

I think there’s just 3 types of person who spew the poison on him

1) Red scouse fans
2) Rags
3) Brain dead ****s who don’t understand football and can’t form an opinion for themselves beyond what the Sun or Mail tell them to think

A Jamaican born English black player who gives it all for his country and gets nothing but grief as he doesn’t play exactly the same as he does for his club. Sterling is the new John Barnes without thankfully some idiot throwing bananas at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not direct racism from the tabloids but they know which audience they are pandering to when they go after Raheem for allegedly being a feckless dad, showing off his money (and bling) and having a gun tattoo. You need to read between the lines. This was the original narrative and the criticism has kept on coming. It's not that every person who has slagged Raheem off is a racist but some of the press certainly comes from a bad place.
You haven't heard me say that everyone who gives sterling is a racist, instead I'm arguing that it is one of many factorsdriving the agenda, and a significant one of that.

Why are you looking for comparisons. You clearly said that if Sterling were white he would not be getting any grief from the press and you have convinced yourself of this. I would be interested to think how many others on here support your supposition.
I didn't mention comparators you did stating that what I'm saying is that if sterling was white he would not getting the grief. That came from you not me. Get it right. I merely responded to your comments.

A Jamaican born English black player who gives it all for his country and gets nothing but grief as he doesn’t play exactly the same as he does for his club. Sterling is the new John Barnes without thankfully some idiot throwing bananas at him.
True

You haven't heard me say that everyone who gives sterling is a racist, instead I'm arguing that it is one of many factorsdriving the agenda, and a significant one of that.
I agree with this. Lots of people have different reasons for hating Raheem but elements of the press fan the flames.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.