Media persecution of Raheem Sterling

Has every journalist who’s written a shit house story been copied into the tweet for a comment.

Don’t expect them to hold themselves accountable for this.

It’s ok to make Raz responsible for gun crime for having a tattoo but you can’t blame journalists for racist behaviour for describing successful black role models as vulgar, bling, gangsta wannabees, they’ll never agree with that.

The fat dick is in denial, he is getting more abuse from the media because he is regarded as a young black male who won't stay in his place, how dare he spend his cash and enjoy it. How dare he leave Liverpool, who does he think he is? Morgan is only employed to stir crap.

The fat dick is in denial, he is getting more abuse from the media because he is regarded as a young black male who won't stay in his place, how dare he spend his cash and enjoy it. How dare he leave Liverpool, who does he think he is? Morgan is only employed to stir crap.
In fairness he is putting an argument forward that many will be thinking and agree with,and so deserves discussion.

Also,i have to give him credit for inviting Winter on his show to counter his argument,which he did very well indeed.

In fairness he is putting an argument forward that many will be thinking and agree with,and so deserves discussion.

Also,i have to give him credit for inviting Winter on his show to counter his argument,which he did very well indeed.

Gazza was portrayed mainly as a lovable rogue in spite of a lot of crap behaviour including beating up his wife. Beckham did get stick for being sent off against Argentina but was soon forgiven and the lavish lifestyle of him and his wife mainly lauded. Rooney was exposed for visiting a brothel, drink driving etcetera. As far as I can remember Sterling hasn't put a foot wrong except for smoking a bit of so called hippy crack which isn't illegal yet almost everything he does is reported negatively.

There is clearly a racial side to media persecution of him. It probably gains more hits or sales when compared to a white footballer.

Sterling is a huge asset to our club and an incredible young man to handle these things so calmly and make his point so well. At his age I would have never been able to cope with such treatment with such composure and would have reacted unprofessionally.

The abuse first started with many in Liverpool, not a minority, because Sterling wanted to move to better himself as a footballer, win trophies and earn more money (he has achieved all 3). The usual stuff followed from them - death threats, on-line vitriol etc. which has been a feature of the behaviour of elements of their fan base many times. It then grew from their media 'personalities' who hounded him in the press and on TV. " Nobody leaves Liverpool", I recall Phil Thompson saying. He was far from alone and, with many other ex Liverpool players, in effect, backed a campaign of hatred against Sterling (though they will deny it but it was clear for all to see). This was picked up and developed by the wider media over time, not least The Sun, which fed the jealous and racists in our society, as well as the usual extremes in opposition fans. Now it is big news but this has been happening for a long time.

The media are now under the spotlight and some do not like it. Custis in The Sun, who never fails to back Mourinho come what may, immediately resorted to self justification. Brazil on Talk Sport this morning is another who needs educating. They are both dinosaurs and typical of many. Fortunately, others as evidenced by Sunday Supplement yesterday, recognise the role of the media and the need to consider very carefully their actions and part in this.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.