Media Thread 2017/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS could plead ignorance of our self sufficiency but that would imply his reputation as a businessman would be dented.

If he did know of our self sufficiency but deliberately took the opportunity to lie for whatever reason then unless he has the protection of being called a journo (which apparently allows lies etc.) then he could be vulnerable.

Completely agree.

Can someone please advise me of the appropriate email at MCFC to log such complaints. I will also look to make our City Journalists (Sam Lee/Mullock) aware of these comments. Maybe they can push something.

They were a complete disgrace.

After a take-over battle with Robert Maxwell, Sugar teamed up with Terry Venables and bought Tottenham Hotspur football club in June 1991. Although Sugar's initial investment helped ease the financial troubles the club was suffering at the time, his treatment of Tottenham as a business venture and not a footballing one made him an unpopular figure among the Spurs fans.[43] In Sugar's nine years as chairman, Tottenham Hotspur did not finish in the top six in the league and won just one trophy, the 1999 Football League Cup.

Sugar was gone from Spurs by the time Abramovich bought Chelsea, I suppose all those clubs like Wimbledon and Watford that managed to finish in the top 6 during his incumbency had oil wells too? Come to think of it we didn't have a pot to piss in and we finished 5th in that period.

Not sure if it was a racist inspired attack or not.
He was however incorrect claiming that oil money is used to buy players which shows his ignorance in business matters.

Fair dos, there may well be no racist issue in this attack and and I should like to think there wasn't; but I can't help but think that if our owner had the same amount of money but had a different ethnic background, both he and City would get a lot less stick. The race and religion of some other owners seems to get mentioned far less. May be an unconscious thing, but I do wonder.

After a take-over battle with Robert Maxwell, Sugar teamed up with Terry Venables and bought Tottenham Hotspur football club in June 1991. Although Sugar's initial investment helped ease the financial troubles the club was suffering at the time, his treatment of Tottenham as a business venture and not a footballing one made him an unpopular figure among the Spurs fans.[43] In Sugar's nine years as chairman, Tottenham Hotspur did not finish in the top six in the league and won just one trophy, the 1999 Football League Cup.

Sugar was gone from Spurs by the time Abramovich bought Chelsea, I suppose all those clubs like Wimbledon and Watford that managed to finish in the top 6 during his incumbency had oil wells too? Come to think of it we didn't have a pot to piss in and we finished 5th in that period.

I also remember that when SKY were negotiating against others for the first PL TV contract Sugar was part of the PL's negotiating team and when it looked like SKY were not bidding sufficient to win the contract Sugar, a member of the PL team told SKY to pull their finger out and what they had to bid. That's how dodgy the guy is.

I also remember that when SKY were negotiating against others for the first PL TV contract Sugar was part of the PL's negotiating team and when it looked like SKY were not bidding sufficient to win the contract Sugar, a member of the PL team told SKY to pull their finger out and what they had to bid. That's how dodgy the guy is.
Not forgetting the fact that Amstrad, sugar’s electronics company, stood to make loads from the contracted sales of decoder boxes and dishes etc.to show sky’s product on our TVs.
No chance of any conflict of interests there then!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.