Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
On Monday I watched the BBC sports news to see how they and silly Sally would respond to our victory over Liverpool. It was the fifth and final item, and concentrated on Liverpool.
This morning I decided to check it again, the first item was Manchester United, followed by a second item about Manchester United Ladies. There was little time for anything else.

Does @franksinatra think this is fair, equitable reporting and I am being paranoid in thinking there must be a bias at play?

I only watched it as a response to some posters on here and will not be going back anytime soon.

Not sure it displays bias but I suppose it could be considered irritating, based on your observations, that we have not received a mention.

As for fair and equitable, fair and equitable in comparison to who?

Do you think other sides, lets say Newcastle, Villa, Everton get as much coverage as us or other sides further down the pyramid? Is that fair or does that display a bias for us against those other clubs?

There is plenty of coverage about us, including after the Liverpool match, we might not get as much as some sides but we get a lot more than others. If memory served me correct we had the Foden goal on video, article from Shearer on us being favourites, article about Peps comments on Foden being a special talent, plus the match report on the BBC website the next day.

I suppose its a personal thing but at the moment just enjoying everything about the club currently, and yes a lot of the coverage also. Just a great time to be a blue so Im just focusing on all the positives and probably less sensitised to do these perceived slights.

Last edited:
Not sure it displays bias but I suppose it could be considered irritating, based on your observations, that we have not received a mention.

Do you think other sides, lets say Newcastle, Villa, Everton get as much coverage as us or other sides further down the pyramid? Is that fair or does that display a bias for us against those other clubs?

There is plenty of coverage about us, including after the Liverpool match, we might not get as much as some sides but we get a lot more than others. If memory served me correct we had the Foden goal on video, article from Shearer on us being favourites, article about Peps comments on Foden being a special talent, plus the match report on the BBC website the next day.
I think the coverage for all clubs is shit compared to the Rags and Liverpool. Everton get no respect at all and neither do Chelsea (since Peg left them) but that doesn't make it right. The BBC for example is publically-funded and has a requirement to provide unbiased national coverage. They fail dismally. The fact is that City have been the leading English club for a decade and the coverage we get does not reflect that.

I suppose its a personal thing but at the moment just enjoying everything about the club currently, and yes a lot if the coverage also. Just a great time to be a blue so Im just focusing on all the positives and probably less sensitised to do these perceived slights.
Are any of the above top of the league ? On an unprecedented winning run and the most successful domestic team in the last decade ? Just asking.

I suppose its a personal thing but at the moment just enjoying everything about the club currently, and yes a lot if the coverage also. Just a great time to be a blue so Im just focusing on all the positives and probably less sensitised to do these perceived slights.
An all time record of consecutive wins was set tonight. Will the BBC find time for this or are they desperately searching for some water polo clips to exclude It?

I'm going to answer your question with a question. Do you chat shit to get a reaction, or do you just chat shit ?

I think the coverage for all clubs is shit compared to the Rags and Liverpool. Everton get no respect at all and neither do Chelsea (since Peg left them) but that doesn't make it right. The BBC for example is publically-funded and has a requirement to provide unbiased national coverage. They fail dismally. The fact is that City have been the leading English club for a decade and the coverage we get does not reflect that.

No one says its right but I would suggest it does not reflect a bias against us, by virtue of the fact, as you state other clubs get a lot less coverage also in comparison.

Just to widen the debate a little, but still keep it relevant, as you say the BBC is publicly funded so how would be a fair way to split coverage?

Whether we like it or not as United and Liverpool have more supporters, therefore the likelihood more licence payers, does that make them entitled to more coverage by virtue of providing more funding?

Or should coverage be equal between clubs or even based on success?

How should the extent of coverage be determined?

I'm going to answer your question with a question. Do you chat shit to get a reaction, or do you just chat shit ?

Wow, you have thrown me a real curve ball there. Im going to need a bit of time to answer such a thought provoking question. Ok to get back to you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.