Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Drawing the foul’ is ok. As a defender in my playing days i was often guilty of the attacking luring me into fouling him. Thats just being wiser.
But a foul has to be something that MAKES you fall down. not feeling the touch and slinging yourself on the floor. Thats just being a cheat
When a team is counter-attacking us and it's normally Walker or Cancelo on the cover and I'll be sat there pretty much chanting "don't touch him" as I know the second they breathe on them they're flopping and getting a free-kick. It's become pathetic.

‘Drawing the foul’ is ok. As a defender in my playing days i was often guilty of the attacking luring me into fouling him. Thats just being wiser.
But a foul has to be something that MAKES you fall down. not feeling the touch and slinging yourself on the floor. Thats just being a cheat
Another phrase oft used in the RDAHMeedya is 'winning a penalty' as though it's some kind of tombola and they've just pulled a winning ticket. I always follow up with a conversation with the telly, "He might have won a pen but was the diving bastard fouled?"

I just rifled through the sports section, knowing full well we played on Saturday, to see if the league leaders had generated a gratuitous piece of journalistic puffery, so often seen with the league leaders last season, 2016 and 2013, but nothing. Not a column inch of sky blue arse licking. But my spirits were lifted somewhat when I spied that they had included us with the rest in the results page. It's a start.

Didn't manage on BBC local news this morning to get the facts right on Everton playing at home, every 30 mins Everton lost at Fulham.

The standard of producing, editing, presenting etc is at a level of Wayne's World.

Rules of the game are a pen for a foul in the box trumps an offside decision
So offside only came into effect after they confirmed no foul
Rubbish. Timing is the key factor. Offences are considered in the order in which they occur. This doesn't mean subsequent offences cannot be punished.

For instance, if Maguire was offside, and he goes on to score in the same phase of play, offside could be awarded.

If Maguire was offside, he is then fouled in the same phase of play, I believe offside should still be given.

If Maguire was offside, he is fouled, he punches a defender, then scores, I believe offside should be given, and Maguire should be sent off for violent conduct. (Two offences punished in the same phase of play).

If Maguire is not offside, he is fouled but scores anyway, then retaliates by punching a defender, goal and sending off etc.

You know utd have their divers, lfc have salah and mane diving all the time... City don't dive. Wish the red media would highlight that.

Somehow, and baffling to me, but several rags and a couple of dippers I (sadly) know claim Sterling is a diver. Like the Emptyhad bolleux, its one of those things that they seem to think if they say it often enough it becomes fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.