Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure the other poster is wrong.
my hunch is that the offside tool wasn't working for some reason but they couldn't admit to it so had to drag Pawson over to rule it out for the foul to save face as they knew they couldn't get away with the offside. If he'd been onside I think the pen would have stood given who it was and the other penalties they've got over the last year, there was no reason to rule that one out as a Rags penalty in a title race other than the offside they couldn't ignore.

I don't get why "shinning" it is seen as bad, like criticising someone for a glancing header because they didn't make full contact with their forehead.

It’s because you can’t control what happens to the ball after you’ve hit it when you shin it. So what is touted as an outrageous piece of skill is in fact a fluke. Fair play to Fernandes because if you don’t buy a ticket you aren’t in the lottery but it’s a hit and hope, not a sublime volley.

my hunch is that the offside tool wasn't working for some reason but they couldn't admit to it so had to drag Pawson over to rule it out for the foul to save face as they knew they couldn't get away with the offside. If he'd been onside I think the pen would have stood given who it was and the other penalties they've got over the last year, there was no reason to rule that one out as a Rags penalty in a title race other than the offside they couldn't ignore.
Looked at first 'offence' and no foul. IF there had been a foul given then they would've checked for offside. No pen' as he was well offside. Yellow card for diving.

It’s because you can’t control what happens to the ball after you’ve hit it when you shin it. So what is touted as an outrageous piece of skill is in fact a fluke. Fair play to Fernandes because if you don’t buy a ticket you aren’t in the lottery but it’s a hit and hope, not a sublime volley.
The lad that scored for, er, a team in yellow, did it with a sumptuous volley. As did Mings.

The lad that scored for, er, a team in yellow, did it with a sumptuous volley. As did Mings.

Don’t remember either of them.

I do remember Nasri’s goal at the League cup final in 2014. Still not sure if that was an outrageous volley or an outrageous fluke.

Unlike the Ings goal which was a peach of a volley, that he made to look easy but was very difficult.

I try and avoid getting too involved in the 'agenda' discussion but, quite by accident, we ended up watching a Sky documentary type programme last night called 'Outraged'. It's about racism/discrimination/homophobia in football and was fronted by Paul Pogba. They talked to Tyrone Mings regarding the Bulgaria match and the abuse both he and Raheem received that night. They pretty much opened the programme with footage of the incident with Fred at The Etihad, repeated it half way through and then rolled it out again at the end. No background narrative came with it, just the footage, repeated three times which, despite my personal abhorrence of any form of discrimination, I thought created a poor and unbalanced picture of our club given our commitment to both women's football, the LBGT community and our long history of racial inclusion on and off the pitch. I'm sure we're not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but it really did come across as grossly unfair.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.