Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think what they are trying to explain or use as an excuse is that you can stand in an offside position at a free kick and you will only be flagged for offside if you touch or make an attempt at the ball.
So what they saying is even though maguire is in an offside position he doesn't become offside until he heads it. So in there thoughts the potential foul has come before the offside
To me every rag is attempting to play that ball as it comes into the box and if any of them are fouled whilst in an offside position then the flag should go up

Somehow, and baffling to me, but several rags and a couple of dippers I (sadly) know claim Sterling is a diver. Like the Emptyhad bolleux, its one of those things that they seem to think if they say it often enough it becomes fact.
I actually heard on talksport a debate about the scourge of diving in the PL, danny murphy was taking part and had to admit Salah does dive, although murphy did say everyone's at it!

Utd and lfc are basically cheating every week, thats not champions behaviour

I think what they are trying to explain or use as an excuse is that you can stand in an offside position at a free kick and you will only be flagged for offside if you touch or make an attempt at the ball.
So what they saying is even though maguire is in an offside position he doesn't become offside until he heads it. So in there thoughts the potential foul has come before the offside
He’s offside as soon as he moves towards the ball

He’s offside as soon as he moves towards the ball
And as soon as he's physically in the way of the defenders run, you can't stand offside and block a run any more than you can stand offside on the keepers toes to stop him coming for the ball or seeing it in time to save.

Another phrase oft used in the RDAHMeedya is 'winning a penalty' as though it's some kind of tombola and they've just pulled a winning ticket. I always follow up with a conversation with the telly, "He might have won a pen but was the diving bastard fouled?"
Teams train to win pens, no doubt at all

Listening to 5 live his morning about 8.55 they had a sports update with the opening line along the lines of...

''lets finish with a downer and ask is the Premier League title race already over following Manchester united dropping points against West Brom?''

And concluded with a comment from some bird that it isn't necessarily over as there's still the possibility of injuries (presumably she meant to City players)

Nice of them to basically hope for injuries to sportsmen and I wonder if it would be the same negative narrative over the tile race if it was either of the red teams that were 7 points clear with a game in hand.

Should be cued at the relevant point...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000s7vr

Listening to 5 live his morning about 8.55 they had a sports update with the opening line along the lines of...

''lets finish with a downer and ask is the Premier League title race already over following Manchester united dropping points against West Brom?''

And concluded with a comment from some bird that it isn't necessarily over as there's still the possibility of injuries (presumably she meant to City players)

Nice of them to basically hope for injuries to sportsmen and I wonder if it would be the same negative narrative over the tile race if it was either of the red teams that were 7 points clear with a game in hand.

Should be cued at the relevant point...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000s7vr
Fuckers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.