Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I just saw the logo. All the same, he's the MOTD anchor and a match presenter as well, it's his job to know and check this stuff. He's no more excuse for that than the MEN journo who wrote about the rags win on Sunday getting them within 5 points of us imo.
BBC COMPLAINT

“Garth Crooks’ team of the year: Alisson, Fernandes, Mane, Fabinho, Henderson”,
BBC Sport Website
I am writing to let you know the outcome of the Executive Complaints Unit’s
investigation into your complaint about the above article on the BBC Sport website.
As you know, the article has been edited to remove the incorrect reference to the
Liverpool keeper, Alisson, winning the Golden Glove for the most clean sheets in the
Premier League. That seems to me to be the right response. It’s unfortunate the
original mistake was made but since it wasn’t presented as a significant factor in
Gareth Crooks’ choice I don’t think it can be regarded as seriously misleading.
I appreciate you have asked why the error occurred. My understanding is it was a
genuine mistake which was not picked up before the article was published. Alisson
won the award in 2018-19 but was behind Ederson and Nick Pope last season. I’m not
sure there is much more I can add by way of explanation; the fact is people do make
mistakes. The important point is the error was rectified as soon as the team
responsible for the website became aware.
I don’t believe any further action is required and there is no further right of appeal
against this decision within the BBC’s complaints process. However, you can ask Ofcom
to consider your complaint and the BBC’s decision on it. Information about Ofcom’s role
regarding BBC online material can be found here but in summary, if Ofcom thinks your
complaint raises a potentially substantive issue, it will give an opinion on whether the
BBC has observed its editorial guidelines. Information about lodging a complaint with
Ofcom can be found here. You can also write to Ofcom at Riverside House, 2a
Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HA, or telephone eithe

BT's response to my query as to why I have to listen to McManaman and Ferdinand when I'm trying to enjoy watching City;

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

BT Sport has selected talent based on their relationship with and knowledge of the game; along with the expertise that they will bring to our coverage. Our selection of commentators isn't based on their playing history."

So now you know. I leave it to you to decide whether or not that is complete bollocks.

Perhaps he needs to be more professional than !. He earns good money working for the bbc our taxes in fact. He should have checked it out before retweeting ;)
Its not just him. Its all levels of the BBC. The nonsense over the consecutive wins record and like showing the wrong points added after a draw and therefore the table being unreliable.
All simple easily verifiable facts, nothing to do with some clown's personal opinion.
That's what happens when you employ untrained twitter bloggers as 'journalists'.

Last edited:
BT's response to my query as to why I have to listen to McManaman and Ferdinand when I'm trying to enjoy watching City;

"Thanks for taking the time to contact us. Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

BT Sport has selected talent based on their relationship with and knowledge of the game; along with the expertise that they will bring to our coverage. Our selection of commentators isn't based on their playing history."

So now you know. I leave it to you to decide whether or not that is complete bollocks.

Right going by that answer their standards must be so low than, if they think mcpointy and Ferdinand passed that !

How can a football expert working for the BBC who earns 1.7 million a year from our taxes get things so wrong. It happens to much at the bbc for it to be mistake, it has to be on purpose.

It really is about time the licence fee was fucked off and the bbc had to stand on it's own two feet
Some of you are so oversensitive it is ridiculous. Gary Lineker works for BT as well as the BBC and nowhere on that offering of his does he mention either. In fact, he's from Leicester, is a lifelong Leicester City supporter and played for Leicester City longer than for any other club and he's acting as a Leicester City supporter here, not making a contribution to a learned article on goal scorers. He is simply pointing out that Vardy's record against the "top six" PL clubs is better than some stellar names in football and Leicester can feel quite proud of Vardy's record. He doesn't mention Sergio because Sergio's record is clearly far, far better - a fact which City pointed out, as is our right. But the cost of your licence fee, Lineker's salary and public funding of the BBC are all irrelevant to his right to hold and express his own opinions in his own name.

Something to look forwards to next month. The BBC are doing a three part documentary on City.

Oh wait a minute...

9b02355870ac44522c976a302cc65e6e.jpg

Yes, a story that needs to be told , but three over episodes?
I'd question why the 'Barry Bennell case at Man City/Crewe' tag line. I don't know why they'd lead with our name for starters (I do know as it happens) but according to https://aboutmanchester.co.uk/footb... documentary,Daniel Gordon has been announced.

The series will examine abuse that has taken place in youth football all across the country, from Manchester to Newcastle, Crewe to Southampton.

From the mid 1970s until the mid 1990s, several coaches and scouts connected to top football clubs abused their positions of power to prey on vulnerable, young boys – and got away with it for decades. Many survivors were shamed into silence until Andy Woodward’s decision to waive his anonymity in November 2016 sparked hundreds of men to speak out. More than 800 victims have since come forward with 340 football clubs implicated and 300 suspects identified.

I'd question why the 'Barry Bennell case at Man City/Crewe' tag line. I don't know why they'd lead with our name for starters (I do know as it happens) but according to https://aboutmanchester.co.uk/footballs-darkest-secret-bbc-commissions-new-three-part-documentary-looking-at-historical-child-abuse-in-english-football/#:~:text=Football-,Football's Darkest Secret-BBC commissions new three part documentary looking,child abuse in English football&text=A new three-part documentary,Daniel Gordon has been announced.

The series will examine abuse that has taken place in youth football all across the country, from Manchester to Newcastle, Crewe to Southampton.

From the mid 1970s until the mid 1990s, several coaches and scouts connected to top football clubs abused their positions of power to prey on vulnerable, young boys – and got away with it for decades. Many survivors were shamed into silence until Andy Woodward’s decision to waive his anonymity in November 2016 sparked hundreds of men to speak out. More than 800 victims have since come forward with 340 football clubs implicated and 300 suspects identified.
Bennell is the most notorious abuser that we know of in football, and he was associated with both City and Crewe. One of his victims was David White, who spoke very movingly about his experience on the Blue Moon podcast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.