Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of you are so oversensitive it is ridiculous. Gary Lineker works for BT as well as the BBC and nowhere on that offering of his does he mention either. In fact, he's from Leicester, is a lifelong Leicester City supporter and played for Leicester City longer than for any other club and he's acting as a Leicester City supporter here, not making a contribution to a learned article on goal scorers. He is simply pointing out that Vardy's record against the "top six" PL clubs is better than some stellar names in football and Leicester can feel quite proud of Vardy's record. He doesn't mention Sergio because Sergio's record is clearly far, far better - a fact which City pointed out, as is our right. But the cost of your licence fee, Lineker's salary and public funding of the BBC are all irrelevant to his right to hold and express his own opinions in his own name.
On the other hand the graphic he tweeted is unambiguously titled "Most goals scored against the Premier League top 6".

Recycled and re-jigged joke from the Joke Thread.

I've just been in the loft and found a copy of the Radio Times from 1979...

Or as it's called these days "the Sex Offenders Register!"
Brilliant, made me guffaw and chortle! Mind, I always thought ‘Theradiotimes‘ was a Greek philosopher but that’s probably down to a misspent education in History and Classics..

BBC News at Six reporting on the story of Dubai's ruler holding his daughter hostage and then goes on to say how "his country's wealth flows through Britain" followed by a shot of the Etihad stadium and then the Emirates

IMG_1792.jpg

Bennell is the most notorious abuser that we know of in football, and he was associated with both City and Crewe. One of his victims was David White, who spoke very movingly about his experience on the Blue Moon podcast.
thing is Pidge they trawl the net for anything to beat up City with . your club dont get that shit.

BBC COMPLAINT

“Garth Crooks’ team of the year: Alisson, Fernandes, Mane, Fabinho, Henderson”,
BBC Sport Website
I am writing to let you know the outcome of the Executive Complaints Unit’s
investigation into your complaint about the above article on the BBC Sport website.
As you know, the article has been edited to remove the incorrect reference to the
Liverpool keeper, Alisson, winning the Golden Glove for the most clean sheets in the
Premier League. That seems to me to be the right response. It’s unfortunate the
original mistake was made but since it wasn’t presented as a significant factor in
Gareth Crooks’ choice I don’t think it can be regarded as seriously misleading.
I appreciate you have asked why the error occurred. My understanding is it was a
genuine mistake which was not picked up before the article was published. Alisson
won the award in 2018-19 but was behind Ederson and Nick Pope last season. I’m not
sure there is much more I can add by way of explanation; the fact is people do make
mistakes. The important point is the error was rectified as soon as the team
responsible for the website became aware.
I don’t believe any further action is required and there is no further right of appeal
against this decision within the BBC’s complaints process. However, you can ask Ofcom
to consider your complaint and the BBC’s decision on it. Information about Ofcom’s role
regarding BBC online material can be found here but in summary, if Ofcom thinks your
complaint raises a potentially substantive issue, it will give an opinion on whether the
BBC has observed its editorial guidelines. Information about lodging a complaint with
Ofcom can be found here. You can also write to Ofcom at Riverside House, 2a
Southwark Bridge Road, London SE1 9HA, or telephone eithe
You have to laugh
Even the complaints team get Crooks name wrong

BBC News at Six reporting on the story of Dubai's ruler holding his daughter hostage and then goes on to say how "his country's wealth flows through Britain" followed by a shot of the Etihad stadium and then the Emirates

View attachment 10664
Why do the BBC think I'm arsed about some woman who lives overseas, suppose it's something to do with oil.

View attachment 10664
Saw this too. How can this be the main headline news story for the UK? Looked more like an extended trailer for a Panorma programme on the channel later - is that what the flagship news at 6pm has become now? It wasn’t just City; I’m no particular fan of our royal family, but they kept trying to make links to them, via horse racing etc, and I think had even asked for their comment. What has it got to do with them?! So there’s clearly an issue in their family, with their bipolar daughter reporting that she is being held at an address against her will, not disputing that, but the biggest news story on the planet today, really?

Last edited:

View attachment 10664
Funny that, of course, if they wanted to tell the truth they could show this picture instead...

facility--crown-lodge.jpeg

Godolphin Racing UK HQ, Newmarket.

The guys from Dubai as opposed Abu Dhabi, just in case any BBC staff happen to be reading, I guess they all just look the same or something eh? Hmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.