Media Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liverpool defeat played down on BBC Breakfast with no mention of half time antics. Didn't understand a word Klopp was saying at 100 rounds per minute.
Two minutes later a lengthy piece on Chorley in the cup including the dreadful Naga Munfuckingchetty rabbiting on about Chorley and Eccles cakes and how both should taste.
Talk about burying bad news. I dont think the local news even mentioned the score.

Walton was the most consistently bent referee I've ever seen in my life. Fortunately he was fired by the PL (officially "resigned to take up another job in the US") when they were faced with incontrovertible evidence of his corrupt refereeing. Why the fuck BT have scraped the bottom of the barrel having him as their ex-referee panel member I'll never know. Dump him and get Mark Halsey in.
Well he made a complete tit of himself this week. He has one job to do and failed.

Cringe inducing exchange between Naga and Smug Mike at 07.45ish today:

Naga: it's not often that you see Jurgen without his wonderful smile?

Smug Mike: Yes Burnley have proved that liverpool are human.

Sure there was something else but mercifully my mind's blanked it.

No football report on the local news bulletin. Candles out ....?

Didn't watch the game last night as I'd assumed the PL/FA/PiGMOL/VAR would have engineered a routine win for the Dippers so it's nice to wake up to some good news for a change with all this Covid stuff going on. However you have to search for it in the media unlike the blanket coverage of our "unpalatable" win over Villa yesterday morning!

Isn't this the probe that goes back to Rio Ferdinand's phone records which were apparently altered by someone at Vodafone to firm up his alibi in a disciplinary hearing. It looks like it may have been escalated into a bigger story involving other cases. Hopefully none of them relate to City.
I don't know about Vodafone (I'd be seriously surprised TBH) but the Matt Lawton story name checks a company called Sport Mobile.

Former staff claimed that changing bills had been a service offered to clients — a unique selling point for the company.

Sport Mobile has boasted a client list containing some of the biggest names in British sport, and claims to provide an exclusive, bespoke service that includes “secure mobile billing” to players and managers at as many as 16 Premier League clubs. Senior members of the England cricket team and stars from racing and other sports have also been clients.

Horse racing is also mentioned so despite the headline it's not just football.

Last July The Times reported that the retailer Sport Mobile, which had a commercial agreement with the League Managers Association (LMA) and provided phones for hundreds of leading figures across British sport, was able to edit bills provided to customers.

Cringe inducing exchange between Naga and Smug Mike at 07.45ish today:ey

Naga: it's not often that you see Jurgen without hiswonderful smile?

Smug Mike: Yes Burnley have proved that liverpool are human.

Sure there was something else but mercifully my mind's blanked it.

No football report on the local news bulletin. Candles out ....?
I've caught three local bulletins and not a sausage about football not even local team Chorley.
The sports bulletin at 0845 just touched on the Liverpool defeat without giving a score in the lead up to the Chorley worship. Not before the dreadful NMFC interrupted Smug Mike giving the sports 'expert' and viewers her four penn'orth on 'the joy of the FA Cup. She knows as much about football as l know about origami.
I sometimes think l take it too far going into purdah when City get beat but for national broadcaster to try and ignore the big news in football......dear me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.