Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where has Fabregas been hiding for x amount of years?

73-BED46-F-6-D93-4-C47-9-D90-8-E72-C81079-E0.jpg
Had to laugh at that. Fabregas is moaning about a penalty when the headline says Xhaka "clumsily brought down Bernardo Silva", which is a penalty in anyone's world.

That's therefore a statement from Fabregas that Comical Ali would have thought better of.

Last edited:
I wonder why they never focus on the question "Why are CFC, Dippers and the Arse ten points plus behind. Why not put a searchlight on the footballing deficiencies in those teams who can't keep up. Much easier and a measure of innate laziness to go for the team who's leading by a margin. Doesn't surprise me that it was never a problem in other seasons when it was another team which raced ahead. Then it was a case of Team X being better than the rest of the pack.

What's annoyed me about the media whingeing about the penalty incidents is the lack of understanding of how VAR is supposed to work. It's supposed to draw the referee's attention to a "clear and obvious error".

For the Ederson/Odergaard incident, the replays were very inconclusive and therefore it wasn't a "clear and obvious error". Had Attwell given it as a penalty, it most likely wouldn't have been overturned, as (again) it wasn't a "clear and obvious error". None of the twats appear to understand this, making them either totally thick or totally biased. It wasn't Attwell's choice to go to the screen or not, it was Moss who made that decision.

Bernardo, on the other hand, was clearly caught by Xhaka. In the ground, we all saw that and were astounded it hadn't been given. I didn't see the shirt pull at all but that was completely irrelevant. What is relevant was that Bernie was tripped and the ref missed that, which was a "clear and obvious error".

Last edited:
Primarily I'd guess because they don't like the answer and they know the fans of the other clubs won't like being told either. This isn't a one season phenomenon, it hasn't happened just since Pep arrived, it isn't even a five year phenomenon. It's been in operation since the day the Sheik took over. It's happened and been managed with military precision by executives with outstanding business acumen all based on recruiting the best people, giving them the best environment in which to operate and then allowing them to do their job. This has been happening under the noses of Ed Woodward, Henry, Levy, Kronke, Laurence and every other CEO and, rather than step up and improve their own clubs from the inside, they've sought to derail City from the outside. Sheik Mansour is happy to invest billions, confident that his investment will make billions (which it has). The likes of FSG, Kronke and the Glazers still want 'the billions', they just want them without the investment or the hard work that goes with it.
Although the match day thread frequently suggests we are run by a load of muppets who employed a clueless manager to mange really shit players!!

Already posted I think but the arsenal fan on 606 last night claiming bernardo’s wasn’t a foul and he was the equivalent of a drug cheat did make me chuckle last night

What's annoyed me about the media whingeing about the penalty incidents is the lack of understanding of how VAR is supposed to work. It's supposed to draw the referee's attention to a "clear and obvious error".

For the Ederson/Odergaard incident, the replays were very inconclusive and therefore it wasn't a "clear and obvious error". Had Attwell given it as a penalty, it most likely wouldn't have been overturned, as (again) it wasn't a "clear and obvious error". None of the twats appear to understand this, making them either totally thick or totally biased.

Bernardo, on the other hand, was clearly caught by Xhaka. In the ground, we all saw that and were astounded it hadn't been given. I didn't see the shirt pull at all but that was completely irrelevant. What is relevant was that Bernie was tripped and the ref missed that, which was a "clear and obvious error".
I think they did understand that on MOTD. But most pundits dont. The clear and obvious error wording is the VAR get out of jail card which is often used to defend poor Ref decisions, in this case however it was used entirely correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.