Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry I read his tweet claiming City fans were abusing him over the Bennell case and then posted about it on here ;) Clearly that was dumb and I

Ah, I hadn't realised he was specifically saying he'd been abused simply for giving evidence for Bennell. If that's true, then obviously I agree with you fully.

Giving ‘expert’ opinion is fine.

Doing it for free (surely expenses paid by court?) also fine.

Bragging about it, as though he’s the greatest thing - not fine.
That’s just an narcissist ego trip.

If any other person talked unprompted about his actions - completely fine.

.. and then using said ego trip to insinuate against a single club’s fans…
Dont disagree with much of that. It seems clear to me from his twitter timeline that Harris sees himself as some kind of moral crusader so he's gonna keep poking at City as that gives him relevance but he's not relevant if no one knows (from his perspective) a) how bad City are b) how hard he's working to expose them c) how much it is personally costing him

The best way to deal with the likes of Harris et al is to ignore them, whether that be their surveys, articles or anything else.

They gain their sense of value from legions of armchair Liverpool & United fans (with a sprinkling of Villa) clicking on their junk, pretending their concern is driven by anything but football tribalism (it is). It's a sad existence really, from the 'journalists' down to the people who consume their shite.

Giving ‘expert’ opinion is fine.

Doing it for free (surely expenses paid by court?) also fine.

His expenses wouldn't have been paid by the Court because he wasn't appointed in any capacity by the Court. I'm sure the plaintiff's paid his reasonable expenses which is fine.

What Harris doesn't make clear is whether he was to be paid if the plaintiffs won their case ie he worked on a no-win no-fee basis. That's not quite the same thing as pro bono.

Blocked Harris so only come to know about it by people I follow on Twitter bringing it up!

I never now interact with cretins there is zero point!

They will not budge on what they are doing it pays to much.

Sorry I read his tweet claiming City fans were abusing him over the Bennell case and then posted about it on here ;) Clearly that was dumb and I wasn't trying to imply anything about bm
I could be wrong but I got the impression that Longsight's brief mention that Nick gave evidence against City in particular for that case earlier in the thread. Is what set him off.

On the assumption that those few mentions made him have his fit. I got what Longsight was driving at, I think. Helping victims of abuse is no bad thing but if his singular motive was based on sticking it to City, then that is insincere and more than a little bit weird. I can just picture him trying to shoehorn FFP and sportswashing into it at great length before he's ushered out by security, with the judge left shaking his head and looking bemused.

Does anyone else know the judge's given reasons for dismissing it?

It could well be me jumping to conclusions though, it might have had nothing to do with this thread. Maybe there was other stuff going off on twitter. I don't really read his timeline or any of the whatsapp group.

It's obvious the whatsapp group read bluemoon though. Wasn't it Rob and Nick on that podcast, doing damage control after being proved wrong by the CAS, painting themselves as victims by mentioning stuff that was being said on here?

It's why people should be careful about even joking about any form of retaliation. It's obvious what type of people they are. They'd have the forum taken down if they could and they'd take great pleasure in it. It just seems beyond personal for most of them at this point. I don't know how any of them can make out they are victims, they are goading our fanbase half the time and lying about the club constantly or at least never correcting their "mistakes"(pick one).

Last edited:
I was blocked by Harris this morning for pointing our that it's ridiculous to do a fan survey that he says is for Manchester City fans when it's an open document.

He knows he'll get swathes of Liverpool/United etc replying to it so he can fuel more nonsensical shite.

Someone really ought to do some "important research" into the vested interests in the current sports journalism landscape.

1) Do you believe a certain faction of journalists are serving the interests of certain groups?

a) Yes
b) Well duh!

2) Which most likely are these groups?

a) The cartel clubs of European football
b) The American owners of English football
c) The Qataris
d) All of the above

3) Do you believe there are financial incentives to their biases?

a) Some of them yes
b) To a man and it needs investigating. Check for any offshore accounts linked to any of them.

4) Do you believe there is a racial element to their biases also?

a) Possibly
b) Absolutely

5) Do you believe there should be a regulating body that deals with sanctioning media publications, when they lie about football clubs and attack their fans. So that the responsibility is not on the club/fans being attacked all the time?

a) Yes
b) Yes and there should be a 3 strike rule in place. Banning certain journalists from covering certain clubs for repeat offences.
Great stuff, and you don't have to be Sherlock Holmes to find the link, Panya I googled works for the New York Times, who are linked to FSG Liverpool owners. So not subtle where this is coming from . Also because they get so much stuff wrong it's a fair indication they've been told to write it as if they had a personal interest you'd think they'd know their facts a bit better. Hope we can keep pushing to show this stuff is not written independently.

I could be wrong but I got the impression that Longsight's brief mention that Nick gave evidence against City in particular for that case earlier in the thread. Is what set him off.

On the assumption those few mentions made him have his fit. I got what Longsight was driving at, I think. Helping victims of abuse is no bad thing but if his singular motive was based on sticking it to City, then that is insincere and more than a little bit weird. I can just picture him trying to shoehorn FFP and sportswashing into it at great length before he's ushered out by security with the judge left shaking his head and looking bemused.

Does anyone else know why the judge say why he dismissed it?

It could well be me jumping to conclusions though, it might have had nothing to do with this thread, maybe there was other stuff going off on twitter. I don't really read his timeline.

It's obvious the whatsapp group read bluemoon though. Wasn it Rob and Nick on that podcast painting themselves as victims mentioning stuff that was being said on here?

It's why people should be careful about even joking about any form of retaliation. It's obvious what type of people they are. They'd have the forum taken down if they could and they'd take great pleasure in it. It just seems beyond personal for most of them at this point. I don't know how any of them can make out they are victims, they are goading our fanbase half the time and lying about the club constantly or atleast never correcting their "mistakes"(pick one).
They are all pretty odd characters, they've put so much stock in to this angle that it gives me great pleasure how much they would of been hurting on July 13th 2020. Everything they do now is to simply try and return things (whether it be through irrelevant email pieces in the Daily Mail etc) to their halycon days of Feb 14th - July 12th 2020.

Harris has just blocked me on twitter too, for daring to suggest that "where's the proof" might not actually be his journalistic mantra as he suggests.

Geezer's an utter balloon. Can't bear to see thoughts that differ to his own and we all know the best way to deal with opposing points of view is to completely censor them. /journalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.