Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s great isn’t it. They thought UEFA had it in the bag, despite Prestwich Blue telling them for years we’d be ok. Then Rabin came along and just completely exposed all of the bellends.

Twitter is tedious, it’s just littered with cunts who think UEFA let us off with a fine because we’re pally with them. I sometimes struggled to comprehend how stupid some people are on there, I’m glad I only spend 15 minutes a day on it, that’s more than enough. I suppose the damage has already been dealt to our reputation, we haven’t completely got off the hook even after winning the case.
The more it drags on the more I wish City had told UEFA to stick their 10 mill fine. It reminds me of an accused man in a Police interview saying "No Comment" getting acquitted in court but then doing six weeks for not co-operating.

I could be wrong but I got the impression that Longsight's brief mention that Nick gave evidence against City in particular for that case earlier in the thread. Is what set him off.

On the assumption those few mentions made him have his fit. I got what Longsight was driving at, I think. Helping victims of abuse is no bad thing but if his singular motive was based on sticking it to City, then that is insincere and more than a little bit weird. I can just picture him trying to shoehorn FFP and sportswashing into it at great length before he's ushered out by security with the judge left shaking his head and looking bemused.

Did the judge say why he dismissed it?

It could well be me jumping to conclusions though, maybe there was other stuff going off on twitter. I don't really read his timeline.

It's obvious the whatsapp group read bluemoon though. Wasn it Rob and Nick on that podcast painting themselves as victims mentioning stuff that was being said on here?

It's why people should be careful about even joking about any form of retaliation. It's obvious what type of people they are. They'd have the forum taken down if they could and they'd take great pleasure in it. It just seems beyond personal for most of them at this point. I don't know how any of them can make out they are victims, they are goading our fanbase half the time and lying about the club constantly or atleast never correcting their "mistakes"(pick one).

His evidence WASN'T dismissed. He gave evidence, but just wasn't accepted as an expert witness by the court. The subject matter of his testimony was summarised in the Judgment as follows:

154. Mr Harris explains that the earnings figures of individual footballers are not, generally, publicly available. More general information is available from four sources. First, the Football League has produced average basic wages for professional footballers for each year from 1984 to 2015, broken down by league division. These figures do not include bonus payments and, because they are the average of all players in a division (so including reserve team players), they are not representative of those who regularly play for a club’s first team.

I'll let @LongsightM13 speak for himself, but I just thought it mildly amusing that, despite Harris's inflated view of himself, the court didn't treat his evidence as that of an expert and I don't see anything he says in that light, either. I assumed it was these comments that provoked his little hissy-fit on Twitter this morning.

You're right that members of what we laughingly term the 'WhatsApp group' clearly monitor this forum. And, gaslighting cunts that they are, they do love to poke the hornet's nest and then portray themselves as victims of rabid, nasty, radicalised City fans.

He let it slip a couple years ago by telling a colleague that he was going thru Twitter systematically blocking any City fans.
so his survey results will result in a biased tirade, fueled by a self-inflicted biased skewed populace (not that the twitterati should be viewed as unbiased/unskewed anyway!).

Bollox, gathering bollox, analyzing bollox, presenting 'facts' - seems an apt timeline

BBC difference in reporting.

Rag player arrested. Local reporter given job on national news. Positioned in media city a few thousand yards from the swamp.

City player nicked. Dan Roan stroking his cock outside the Etihad

His evidence WASN'T dismissed. He gave evidence, but just wasn't accepted as an expert witness by the court. The subject matter of his testimony was summarised in the Judgment as follows:

I'll let @LongsightM13 speak for himself, but I just thought it mildly amusing that, despite Harris's inflated view of himself, the court didn't treat his evidence as that of an expert and I don't see anything he says in that light, either. I assumed it was these comments that provoked his little hissy-fit on Twitter this morning.

You're right that members of what we laughingly term the 'WhatsApp group' clearly monitor this forum. And, gaslighting cunts that they are, they do love to poke the hornet's nest and then portray themselves as victims of rabid, nasty, radicalised City fans.

To be honest, I had no idea about any of that until it was mentioned on here. Does he(Nick) normally get involved in stuff like that though? I think that is a fair question in itself.

Thanks for the clarification on what the judge said btw.

The more it drags on the more I wish City had told UEFA to stick their 10 mill fine. It reminds me of an accused man in a Police interview saying "No Comment" getting acquitted in court but then doing six weeks for not co-operating.
Uefa's rule of disclosure effectively requires an accused party to seek out and submit evidence of their own wrongdoing. Unique in world sport.

I know it's not far but what is gained by dragging Dave Guest and a camera crew out of a warm studio to stand shivering In front of Old Trafford just to give an hourly report on the Mason Greenwood situation? The only difference is that it becomes lighter in between reports.
I do hope old Dave gets the gig for his more usual position standing outside the Crown Court
giving daily updates on a trial.
Compare and contrast.

Dan Roan will be stroking his slug when Mendy is up. No doubt standing next to a City badge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.