Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
As far as a 'yo-yo club' is concerned, my conclusion would be, for all our seasons in top flight football (this season is our 93rd, with a total of 26 outside it by my reckoning), is that prior to moving stadiums, our longest run of consecutive seasons was 17, from 1966/67 to 1982/83.
We've suffered 11 relegations.
2021/22 is our 20th season in the top flight since our last relegation, a record that, given our current situation, is one we will keep building upon.
I make it 10 relegations. United have had 5 and Chelsea have had 6.

It's not much of an insult, if that's what is meant by it. 6 of those relegations came after 6 years or more of topflight football, 4 of them were after 10 years or more... That's some slow yo-yoing.

I suppose all of this shows, that it depends how you look at it. Is it not better to break up the time spent in a lower division? Surely that's easier to take than going anywhere from 6 to 12 years at a time, like some of the so called history clubs have.

I think a shorter run of consecutive seasons outside the topflight(since first reaching it), than all but Arsenal from the big 6, is a better stat to have personally. Maybe I'm biased though. :)

Last edited:
Those pennies were big as well! And threepenny bits potentially lethal
My dad used to say he gave me a penny to stop me crying but l insisted it was a threepenny bit. Those 3d coins were quite heavy and of course the had the corner bits on the edges
The only other time l got hit by a coin was at Leeds when a riot was going on with police horses on the pitch, a bit.more worrying than a coin.

shocking by ITV ? so one sided and keith lard aka (keane) arse licking so he can get back in the managers job
ian wright also united have the players to win titles and cups ? NO they don't

3.57 when you put the strongest team out its a match for everybody and even in europe hahahahahahahaha

Hilarious. Total delusion. They are treating their viewers like idiots. People like Rashford have not had a good game for three years.

Mid week matches were played In the afternoon as well. I remember my dad taking me to Goodison where we stood in an open end behind a goal. I was hit on the head by a coin.
Welcome to Scouse land.
Was that the 50's or the 70's? If it was the latter is was because of the miners strikes causing power cuts.

Was that the 50's or the 70's? If it was the latter is was because of the miners strikes causing power cuts.
50s. It was my first away match.
l tried to work out a bit more precisely by the building developments at Goodison but without success.
I do remember being at Maine Road before that when the Kippax didn't have a roof and was called the Popular Side. Lost my dad 25 years ago and not being able to ask questions about my early days is just one reason for missing him.

l tried to work out a bit more precisely by the building developments at Goodison but without success.
I do remember being at Maine Road before that when the Kippax didn't have a roof and was called the Popular Side. Lost my dad 25 years ago and not being able to ask questions about my early days is just one reason for missing him.
FOC!!! :-)

Thank you for that reference to the Popular Side - it took me back to my childhood - haven't heard the expression for years. It was of course used in reference to other grounds as well.

I do remember the Kippax having no roof. I always stood level with the halfway line, and on a wet day I would get back home like a drowned rat and receive a severe admonition for my mother, with phrases such as "you'll catch your death" etc.

Btw, you are not a FOC, you are a long-service true blue, like me, with all the mental scars no doubt that such loyalty brings with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.