Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
it says clubs don’t prepare them for failure as if that’s their job.
Top education is proof that they say you can’t rely on football.
Now as a parent I think it’s my job to prepare my kids for the big bad world & I often / drill into them that life’s not fair get used it. From adversity comes opportunities & the worst adversity can actually steer you to the best opportunity.

It’s sad but I think if you compared the stats between football & University I’m certain less suicides in football.
As I said, it's difficult to discuss without appearing unsympathetic towards the loss of a clearly talented young man. The article suggests that Jeremy's football career wasn't necessarily over given that he was contacted by representatives of several (unnamed) clubs. Should it be the responsibility of the club who has released him to deal with this? Would the player/family even want that club involved given that there may be a loss of trust between them? If as suggested the family were unable to deal with the situation then that's got to be where the PFA step in and provide the support and advice they're, hopefully, equipped to. Herbert's article was, in my opinion, deliberately vague and short enough on details that it would create the desired impression.

Where were these defenders of football when Man Utd destroyed the Football League and European Cup and set up the Premier League and Champions League effectively ring-fencing income for themselves? They were completely silent.

We are no doubt accused of being lackeys for our club bosses or the UAE and yet they have spent their careers effectively working for the cartel that used to run football.

If they are solely focused on Manchester City, then they cannot expect to be taken seriously by anyone.

As I said, it's difficult to discuss without appearing unsympathetic towards the loss of a clearly talented young man. The article suggests that Jeremy's football career wasn't necessarily over given that he was contacted by representatives of several (unnamed) clubs. Should it be the responsibility of the club who has released him to deal with this? Would the player/family even want that club involved given that there may be a loss of trust between them? If as suggested the family were unable to deal with the situation then that's got to be where the PFA step in and provide the support and advice they're, hopefully, equipped to. Herbert's article was, in my opinion, deliberately vague and short enough on details that it would create the desired impression.
It’s not an area that the PFA would get involved. Strictly speaking, all academy “students” are just that, students with an emphasis on schooling, and not Professional footballer’s.

I do however agree that there should be an independent representative body, responsible for the welfare of all kids who find themselves part of a clubs academy, and what happens in the kids future, what ever the outcome!

Sky sports pre ad break just now “So Manchester City are flying right now, just how do we stop them?”. For those who say there is no agenda please tell me which other teams they refer to this way? The last team hated as much by the media was the defence team at the Nuremberg trials. The presenter has managed to introduce a goal against us, unhappy players in the squad, £100m man on the bench (he’s fucking injured you daft cunts). Edit and now she’s introduced the Pep hasn’t won the CL line, fucking Sly are a disgrace

Last edited:
Also consider that most of the 30/40/50 somethings writing about football professionally nowadays grew up in the era dominated by the redshirts. Sky, newespapers etc full of it.
All the certainties of life they expected to be the status quo forever have been shattered, stamped on and shat on by City.

Just to put this point into context, in the last 10 years the title has been won by a redshirt team twice - rags in Taggart's last season and Liverpool's covid-interrupted season.

In the four decades prior to that - 1973-2012, it is easier to count the number of times a redshirt team (rags/Arsenal/Liverpool) did not win the title.

The answer, as I count it, is 12.

First Division: Leeds 1974 and 1991, Derby 1975, Forest in 1978, Villa in 1981, Everton in 1985 and 1987
PL: Blackburn in 1995, Chelsea in 05,06 and 10, and us in 2012.

So 28 seasons out of 40 in the period 1973-2012 the league was won by a redshirt team.

In the same period a redshirt team won the FA cup 19 times. Almost half. And in the same period the league cup was won by a redshirt team 14 times. Together with a series of European wins that I'm not going to bother with.

Going back to the last 10 years, a redshirt team has won the FA cup 5 times (four of them Arsenal) but has not won the League cup at all.

The fall from grace of those three teams has been fairly clear in terms of their trophy counts in the last decade. But it's not surprising that once upon a time the people writing about football thought the redshirts' domination would last forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.