Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not wanting to put words in Tolmie's mouth here, but I'm not sure it's a single club. I think there is a coordinated effort between the owners of certain clubs/media outlets against the owners of our club, and they're doing it off the field because they are struggling to compete with us on the field.
You could be right but I think this is mainly Liverpool

Henry has since the day he came , talked about rules and stopping other teams manly City

"Henry has been a vocal supporter of Uefa's plan since the day Fenway Sports Group bought Liverpool in 2010 and previously criticised Manchester City's £400m sponsorship deal with Etihad Airlines as a means of circumnavigating FFP"

"Liverpool's principal owner John W Henry has claimed the Premier League may create its own penalties for clubs who sustain major financial losses should Uefa fail to impose a robust deterrent."

Not wanting to put words in Tolmie's mouth here, but I'm not sure it's a single club. I think there is a coordinated effort between the owners of certain clubs/media outlets against the owners of our club, and they're doing it off the field because they are struggling to compete with us on the field.

Looking at it rationally it would be more surprising if there wasn't a huge amount of unseen but connected vested interest attempting to manipulate the sport.

It is easy to forget that football is by far and away the biggest/most profitable sport on the planet and that's before you take into account the fact that it's geographic reach means it's far from saturated in comparison to say American football which does very well in its main geography but where growth is much more difficult. Which is easier...expand American football or baseball beyond it's current reach or look to take a bigger slice of and further grow the only truly universal game?

As a member of the 'jumpers for goalposts' generation who grew up pre the immense value of football as a global entertainment property, I sometimes default to thinking (or dreaming) that it's still a tribal activity involving 22 fellas kicking a pigs bladder at the behest of the local carpet or bog roll magnate or some such. In reality it is nothing of sort so, though not a conspiracy theorist, it would take a lot to surprise me in terms of what goes on in the shadows.

You could be right but I think this is mainly Liverpool

Henry has since the day he came , talked about rules and stopping other teams manly City

"Henry has been a vocal supporter of Uefa's plan since the day Fenway Sports Group bought Liverpool in 2010 and previously criticised Manchester City's £400m sponsorship deal with Etihad Airlines as a means of circumnavigating FFP"

"Liverpool's principal owner John W Henry has claimed the Premier League may create its own penalties for clubs who sustain major financial losses should Uefa fail to impose a robust deterrent."

This is the picture that rouses my suspicions:

1649415459813.png

I still firmly believe that we only accepted the £1mil settlement becuase we were advised to by the premier league.
The settlement was reached after we complained, and I can see it being a case of them saying “well that’s fair you should accept”

I still firmly believe that we only accepted the £1mil settlement becuase we were advised to by the premier league.
The settlement was reached after we complained, and I can see it being a case of them saying “well that’s fair you should accept”
I think if we'd taken them to court there may have been some unsightly revelations about our attitudes to cyber security across the whole CFG, and therefor a settlement was wise in this instance to protect further damage to our reputation.

Is piss boiling really because the Dipper's were the ones who committed the offence, yet they got away without admitting guilt by paying a chump change £1M fine/

This might be true but the constant mud slinging has skewed people's perception of us as a club so they are doing a good job. Mud sticks and it's getting thicker. The club needs to sue some of the more obvious liar's and shit stirrers and at least that will slow the flow of mud being thrown.
The narrative has been set now for the past few years and no matter how long you debate and even prove that allegations are baseless and false the drooling fuckwit masses won’t have it, they’re not equipped with the grey matter to think for themselves and are just lemmings, it’s a sad state of the world but it’s the world that we now live in, where some fuckin no mark called an influencer on youtube whos numb as a pisstone has millions of people following their every move, i’m afraid this is the route we’re gpong down and it will probably ownly get worse

The narrative has been set now for the past few years and no matter how long you debate and even prove that allegations are baseless and false the drooling fuckwit masses won’t have it, they’re not equipped with the grey matter to think for themselves and are just lemmings, it’s a sad state of the world but it’s the world that we now live in, where some fuckin no mark called an influencer on youtube whos numb as a pisstone has millions of people following their every move, i’m afraid this is the route we’re gpong down and it will probably ownly get worse

Its a simple case of religious bigotry

Don't bother going on News Now Man City. It's all about what Klopp has got to say aout City, and other Liverpool related stories, even though it's supposed to be a City news feed.

Here's just 1 exmaple.

Another player turned Liverpool pundit loon. Up there with Aldridge and Colleymore.

DFEF7-E35-DFD7-47-F0-95-E4-91324-FAA724-C.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.