Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Serious Question.

Can anyone try and explained why two journalists, the Harris bros, have become so bitter and twisted about Manchester City Football Club and Sheikh Mansour?

I’m guessing, prior to Sheikh Mansour buying City, neither of the Harris bros were arsed or bothered about City or the owner.

Does anyone think it’s because City is owned by a Muslim? I’m sure if City were owned by a Jewish owner, the Harris bros wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest.

Serious Question.

Can anyone try and explained why two journalists, the Harris bros, have become so bitter and twisted about Manchester City Football Club and Sheikh Mansour?

I’m guessing, prior to Sheikh Mansour buying City, neither of the Harris bros were arsed or bothered about City or the owner.

Does anyone think it’s because City is owned by a Muslim? I’m sure if City were owned by a Jewish owner, the Harris bros wouldn’t be bothered in the slightest.
Jrb. My theory…….because they are terminal bellends who pander to a community of terminal bellends who support football clubs owned by terminal bellends. And probably because, if they didn’t spend every waking hour wrestling with ways in which they can smear our club and generate income for themselves, they would have nothing to do other than collect benefit monies.

The non-co-operation fine from CAS absolutely stunk of a token bone being tossed to the baying hounds because there was no red meat for them to chew on. It seemed set at a level that they knew we probably wouldn’t contest given the fact we had avoided much more serious punishment. In Khaldoon’s words, another ‘pinch’ in all but name

Don't often disagree with you, but I can't believe that. It would have been difficult for them not to have some sort of sanction for non-cooperation with a governing body, or every Tom, Dick and Harry would be doing it.

Rob Harris - Wikipedia

Harris has worked for the Associated Press as a global sports writer.[3] In 2015, while covering the FIFA arrests in Zurich, Harris captured the only video of former FIFA officials being taken into custody by law enforcement at the Baur au Lac Hotel.[4] He has often appeared as an analyst on Sky News, BBC News, CBC News, Al-Jazeera, Al-Arabiya and APTN.[5] Harris gained fame in certain sections of the Swiss media as 'The Neutral Mr Handsome' from 2015 onwards for his charm, fairness and efficacy in conveying complex political sports issues to a wide audience. [6] Harris is also widely admired by 'legacy' fans of Manchester City football club for his dogged reporting on how they have transformed into a charmless club, buying success with no heed for human rights, fair play or adherence to domestic or European governing body rules.

Al Jazeera is an independent news organisation funded in part by the Qatari government. In 2006, Al Jazeera Satellite Network was changed to a public utility, private corporation by a public memorandum and articles of association in accordance with the provisions of Qatar Law No.

Al-Arabiya
Middle East Broadcasting Center
(Saudi Arabian Government (60%); Waleed bin Ibrahim Al Ibrahim (40%))

Serious Question.

The Barcodes will get the same treatment.

I don't think it's about religion. It's American capitalist avarice who will stop at nothing to get their agenda through.

Rob Harris - Wikipedia
Harris has worked for the Associated Press as a global sports writer.[3] In 2015, while covering the FIFA arrests in Zurich, Harris captured the only video of former FIFA officials being taken into custody by law enforcement at the Baur au Lac Hotel.[4] He has often appeared as an analyst on Sky News, BBC News, CBC News, Al-Jazeera, Al-Arabiya and APTN.[5] Harris gained fame in certain sections of the Swiss media as 'The Neutral Mr Handsome' from 2015 onwards for his charm, fairness and efficacy in conveying complex political sports issues to a wide audience. [6] Harris is also widely admired by 'legacy' fans of Manchester City football club for his dogged reporting on how they have transformed into a charmless club, buying success with no heed for human rights, fair play or adherence to domestic or European governing body rules.

Al Jazeera is an independent news organisation funded in part by the Qatari government. In 2006, Al Jazeera Satellite Network was changed to a public utility, private corporation by a public memorandum and articles of association in accordance with the provisions of Qatar Law No.

Al-Arabiya
Middle East Broadcasting Center
(Saudi Arabian Government (60%); Waleed bin Ibrahim Al Ibrahim (40%))

wtf??

What worries me this time is not the content but the political climate. The warmongers and zealots are in the ascendancy now. Any rogue state, or any individual identified with a rogue state is under pressure. The so called liberals in the Western world are the hawks in foreign policy terms.

The last US election was dominated by ridiculous personality of Trump but underlying it was a longstanding theme of isolationism (Trump) vs interventionism (Biden).

The underlying problem is that globalisation is built on a division. Western liberal democracy is the flip side to banana republics, colonies and Western owned oil fields in the middle-east manned by migrant labour. Attacking the colonies is just the pretext to manipulate the global stage to better suit the Western powers and it serves as way of re-asserting the power of states who are failing economically. The Western world is stagnating. China, India, South Korea are the engines of world growth. They are the nations that the non-aligned countries do business with and in the heartlands of the USA and Europe the hawks embrace conflict because they are losing economic ground. It's a repeating cycle.

Not sure where you get your facts and opinions from, but I disagree with you here:

UAE will not be a rogue state, at least in my lifetime
India and South Korea are not driving world growth
Globalisation is not about division

Actually, many other places, but let's leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.