Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair to Jordan he just listed off Barnes, Tueart and Malcolm Allison & Joe Mercer's later 60s/early 70s team when having this discussion on Real Madrid & Barcelona being bigger draws than City could ever be, which surprised me as most genuinely think we failed to do anything of note before 2008.

The subject of how 'big' a football club is is never a set in stone narrative imo. It is subjective to the individuals own views on football & on what makes a football club, so I never understand why so many get riled up by it. There is no right or wrong answer as it only exists in the mind of the football fan giving the opinion.

Jordan is clearly given the role of the City basher in his Talk Sport duties, with Trevor Sinclair given the good cop narrative (to us). It is a formula they use across all their football debates & club discussions to garner clicks and interest in their shows, & it still amazes me how many across the football landscape fall for it. What I will say, is when he delves into FFP with clearly incorrect views on our history with it, it'd be nice to hear one of the posters on here such as @laserblue who just posted a great analysis of our 2014 'settlement', take him down piece by piece, but TS would never allow that to happen so it's a mute point.

Spot on. There was another element to the 2014 stitch up as @Prestwich_Blue has elaborated on in the past.

Pre-2010 contracts were originally not considered part of the expenditure calculations as even UEFA deemed it unfair that clubs could be punished for expenditure contracted before FFP even existed. This was according to Annex XI of the FFP rules.

City asked UEFA 3 times if they were on track with their accounts and 3 times UEFA confirmed they were. City duly submitted their accounts and UEFA promptly changed the 'toolkit' (the method of calculating Annex XI exemptions) which dropped City in the shit. PB has pointed out that City would have failed FFP anyway but within mitigation limits. After UEFA's dirty trick City had suddenly failed FFP by a much bigger margin.

The subsequent 49 million Euros fine, two thirds of which was refunded as you correctly say, resulted in Khaldoon reluctantly left to 'take the pinch' but only on the basis of drawing a line under the matter for good. That's why when the last UEFA stitch up happened City refused Ceferin's offer of a limited punishment because it implied acceptance of guilt when City had done nothing wrong. City appealed to CAS and were exonerated of any financial wrongdoing leaving UEFA looking like the vindictive shower of shit they are.

On a side note Liverpool DID fail FFP in 2013 but got away with it because they failed to qualify for Europe that season so fell outside UEFA's remit for investigation and punishment and there was no Premier League version of FFP at that time.
Now i am under the impression that, `drawing the line` negotiation, it was UEFA who time locked the information for their own security and reduced the fine, with City not taking them to court over legality and dropping support for that Bosman lawyer who was arguing player contract effects of FFP,
After all UEFA stood to be liable for all those fines bans and points deductions so it effectively saved themselves from the brink of bankrupt that Gill`s company had put them in.

To be fair to Jordan he just listed off Barnes, Tueart and Malcolm Allison & Joe Mercer's later 60s/early 70s team when having this discussion on Real Madrid & Barcelona being bigger draws than City could ever be, which surprised me as most genuinely think we failed to do anything of note before 2008.

The subject of how 'big' a football club is is never a set in stone narrative imo. It is subjective to the individuals own views on football & on what makes a football club, so I never understand why so many get riled up by it. There is no right or wrong answer as it only exists in the mind of the football fan giving the opinion.

Jordan is clearly given the role of the City basher in his Talk Sport duties, with Trevor Sinclair given the good cop narrative (to us). It is a formula they use across all their football debates & club discussions to garner clicks and interest in their shows, & it still amazes me how many across the football landscape fall for it. What I will say, is when he delves into FFP with clearly incorrect views on our history with it, it'd be nice to hear one of the posters on here such as @laserblue who just posted a great analysis of our 2014 'settlement', take him down piece by piece, but TS would never allow that to happen so it's a mute point.

I never listen to Talksport, but if as you say they have a City basher, do they also have anyone with a similar role to disrespect Utd, Liverpool and Chelsea, or is it only us?

Thing with Jordan is he hangs around the big wigs at the clubs who hate us he gets all there angle/lies on us and influence him in his thinking! It’s the only reason why he keeps going on and on and on about the money our owner. Rags paid Sanchez 500k net a week rags paying Sancho 350k a week rags paying 550k net Ronaldo a week! Liverpool paid us 1 measly million for stealing information to kick start there youth system! They also got fined for failing ffp there sponsored by a company who have been done for sport washing all this is out there but Jordan says nowt about it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.