Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think that Radio 5 Live was ever billed as a dedicated sports channel. It was originally a ‘Youth’ channel but was soon reassigned as a combined rolling news and sports channel.

I wonder if anybody connected to our wonderful media want City to progress tonight, I would hazard a guess and say definitely no. Us against the lot of them, fuck em all

Agreed. The media coverage of football in this country is truly dreadful. Football is reported through a LFC/MUFC filter and is trapped in the 1990s. I stopped listening to Talksport a couple of years back because I just can't stand its "laddish banter" culture. It seems very old-fashioned to me (and I am 63) and provides no insight into the sport I love.
The UK audience is very badly served. For example Radio 5 live was supposed to be 24/7 sport and news channel with lots of audience (phone-in) content. It has morphed into a London-centric politics-dominated channel with virtually no football coverage (apart from some match commentaries).
Football has become the world's largest sport (especially the PL) but the amount of airtime it gets on the BBC is similar to what we had in the 60s and 70s, in fact much less broadcast coverage when you consider TV programmes like Grandstand etc. The shite quality of BBC coverage is epitomised by someone like Dan Roan. He is apparently the Head of BBC Sport but his content (broadcast and online) is dominated by the politics of sport and he never breaks any pure sport stories. Everything is politicised and reported with a bias.
Great Post.

I don’t think that Radio 5 Live was ever billed as a dedicated sports channel. It was originally a ‘Youth’ channel but was soon reassigned as a combined rolling news and sports channel.
That's true but it has virtually no sports coverage these days, especially during the week. It also carries lots of political content which duplicates what is already on Radio 4. It does have moments of exellence but I get the impression that the 5Live researchers are very lazy and mostly interested in what is published in the Guardian. Because of this its coverage of the UK is distorted and does not reflect what is happening outside the London bubble.I honestly thought it would improve when it moved to Salford but so many of its main presenters remain based in London and do everything they can to work from London, especially on Mondays and Fridays. It is a bit of a sham really but apparently no one working there will break ranks and tell the truth.

Caught a couple of minutes of Jordan spewing his bile this morning while sat in traffic. Oh fuck off I said as I switched to FM..... straight into a GB News ad voiced by his equally awful girlfriend, the one who looks like someone has stuck a pair of specs on a blowup doll..... and you can fuck off an all.... Off.
He's got a girlfriend??!! lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.