Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just think, if we beat Liverpool to he CL & Premier league, Chelsea get the revenge they deserve. The greatest team ever, will have won the league cup on the back of a 4th place finish in the PL season before.

Last nights ‘Champions League’ semi final was a game between the team who finished 4th in England to qualify and the 7th best team in Spain.

But imagine the satisfaction if the dippers only ended up with the EFL Cup!
I’d love this. I think what will happen though is they will win the domestic knockout comps and we’ll win the league and CL.

Their trophy parade will be full of pretend grins, stomachs in knots because they know it’s nothing what they wanted.

Ours will be fucking glorious.

Just think, if we beat Liverpool to he CL & Premier league, Chelsea get the revenge they deserve. The greatest team ever, will have won the league cup on the back of a 4th place finish in the PL season before.

Last nights ‘Champions League’ semi final was a game between the team who finished 4th in England to qualify and the 7th best team in Spain.
And the 7th placed team in Spain only qualified for the CL in the first place by winning the Europa League for teams not good enough for the Champions League and then finished runners up to the woeful rags in a very weak group.

Reading this and other threads I think its a shame that we have to some degree allowed our enjoyment of the team and its football to be polluted by the media. For instance, I often see comments that the reason people want the CL is to get the monkey off our back and stop the media using it as a stick to beat us with; rather than just looking forward to the enjoyment of playing and beating the best Europe has to offer.

If we win the CL, they will simply turn to something else to beat us with and that will remain the case until such time as positively spun clickbait about us becomes more profitable than negatively spun clickbait. If we continue to be successful that may eventually happen but who knows the future?

So yes a significant proportion of the media are blatantly biased arseholes who are stealing a living but much better to focus on the still somewhat astounding fact that out of all the hundreds of millions of football fans on the face of the earth we are the ones that, when the team brings their A game, are privileged to watch the best football team on the planet.

excellent

Reading this and other threads I think its a shame that we have to some degree allowed our enjoyment of the team and its football to be polluted by the media. For instance, I often see comments that the reason people want the CL is to get the monkey off our back and stop the media using it as a stick to beat us with; rather than just looking forward to the enjoyment of playing and beating the best Europe has to offer.

If we win the CL, they will simply turn to something else to beat us with and that will remain the case until such time as positively spun clickbait about us becomes more profitable than negatively spun clickbait. If we continue to be successful that may eventually happen but who knows the future?

So yes a significant proportion of the media are blatantly biased arseholes who are stealing a living but much better to focus on the still somewhat astounding fact that out of all the hundreds of millions of football fans on the face of the earth we are the ones that, when the team brings their A game, are privileged to watch the best football team on the planet.
I think you're completely right. I know that the more I read about football, the worse it makes me feel. I know I shouldn't read this thread because it winds me up but I still end up in here.

The best thing to do is read as little as possible and accept that anti-City, pro-Liverpool media is what sells. Acceptance and laughing at a shallow media is the best way.

Football is only ever lived in the moment. What makes you feel bad now is history in a few weeks. Enjoy the team, enjoy the football we play. If Liverpool win the quadruple it will be horrendous but only for a short time. Soon after we will look to next season and it will all begin again.

This season could go either way. We could be living our worst nightmare that they win everything or we could pick up the two big ones, they lose to Chelsea in the FA Cup final leaving them with the MCFC cup.

I always thought that Campbell was a big Burnley supporter? Over 50 years support I understood, so why suddenly this obsession with LiVARpool?
I was told that Campbell was allegedly a prime mover in the 'Hateful Eight's' letter to CAS. Hence why Burnley signed it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.