Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just cancelled my subs about an hour ago. Explained why when asked and also told them I didn't expect the sort of bile I could read in the Mail/Mirror, whichever page it is printed on.
Mrs Ewing's subs!! The sports section invariably goes in the bin, but I have a glance when we end up with a couple of scorelines like the last two, just to see if they can get through a match report without any reference to MANUre or the Dippers. Epic failures every time!

Nice one. A lot of people on Bluemoon have a bit of knowledge about various parts of the club including myself. And when you put all the jigsaw pieces together it is interesting how good this forum is at collectvely getting information in advance. The Forum was superb during the CAS saga with lots of Golden nuggets. I had a couple myself from a surprising but 100 per cent reliable source. And of course who can forget Ian Cheeseman's world exclusive that City had been "exonerated." The truth is that the fans are well ahead of the curve compared to the mainstream media.
Definitely mate. If you sensibly collate the sources on here and in the media you generally get the picture. It';s been like every sign since February has pointed towards this signing happening, enough that I put my arse on the line with my mates and those around me in the ground by telling them this was a "Done deal" since February.

If you look at the MEN City stories, particularly the "filler" type ones, there's no doubt the journos come on here in the morning to find out what's being discussed.

Worked for thirty years when it was journalism. These modern fanboys are not only useless, they are thick as fuck. Embarrassing really. Can't forget Sam Lee's be a sports journalist for "x" amount of sheets. PUDDING.
I think it is safe to say that quite a lot of people on Bluemoon have better sources of information at City than any of the current crop of sports reporters in the broadcast and print media. Most of them just turn up at the press conference and then spin a few of the quotes from Pep to a pre-ordained angle. The sports hacks operate as a pack and often swap notes with each other before they publish. That way brings a safety in numbers. One well-worn trick is for one hack to phone another and quote another reporter as an unnamed source.
They are a disgrace really. Their lack of knowledge on football finance makes them look like fools. The Telegraph produced a couple of articles recently that were absurd. They are regarded with contempt by serious and courageous journalists who still try to tell the truth about places like Ukraine.

I think it is safe to say that quite a lot of people on Bluemoon have better sources of information at City than any of the current crop of sports reporters in the broadcast and print media. Most of them just turn up at the press conference and then spin a few of the quotes from Pep to a pre-ordained angle. The sports hacks operate as a pack and often swap notes with each other before they publish. That way brings a safety in numbers. One well-worn trick is for one hack to phone another and quote another reporter as an unnamed source.
They are a disgrace really. Their lack of knowledge on football finance makes them look like fools. The Telegraph produced a couple of articles recently that were absurd. They are regarded with contempt by serious and courageous journalists who still try to tell the truth about places like Ukraine.
So true.

They use WhatsApp these days. Just ask Miggy.

And of course who can forget Ian Cheeseman's world exclusive that City had been "exonerated." The truth is that the fans are well ahead of the curve compared to the mainstream media.

Didn’t every other reliable source on the forum say he was full of shit and just guessed? He printed Cory were exonerated before they even knew the results.

I didn't know where to put this as I dont know the commentators name but considering sky is media I thought here.

You have to laugh at how he came to the conclusion why we signed Dias and Haaland. Apparently Dias was bought because we lost 5-2 to Leicester and the reason we have bought Haaland is because we lost to Madrid.

Absolutely pathetic, but they know most of there bitter audience will lap it up.
Called it retail therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.