Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody heard of the football journalist Rob Hughes ?
Here's an extract from an article on European football in last week's edition of the New European:
'City ,of course, are a different kettle of fish. The Qatari state -owned club was purposely redesigned for Guardiola's arrival in July 2016'
Anyone spot the error?

Here's an extract from an article on European football in last week's edition of the New European:
'City ,of course, are a different kettle of fish. The Qatari state -owned club was purposely redesigned for Guardiola's arrival in July 2016'
Anyone spot the error?
The character space after 'state'?

;-)

Anyone spot the error?
Yeah.
You boil fish in a pan.

Deary, deary, deary me..

You telling me, fellow Blue, that a grown man actually sat down and wrote that? A fully grown up man? That he makes his living writing stuff like that? A grown man? What a world we live in.. a grown f**king man?!

Miserable, irascible old tw*nt I may be but, Blimey Charlie, I'm with Marvin Gaye on matters such as these.. 'Makes me wanna holler, throw up both my hands..'

Come on, City, two more wins and stuff it down these f**kers throats. And then you can have a nice, long rest over the Summer before starting all over again to do it to them once more next season..
I know, it's fucking awful. He has always been a twat and there is no excuse for stuff like the above but I actually respond in pity for him. I understand that many won't, but it is worth searching online and finding out what he went through a couple of years ago. He had a horrendous time with his wife dying of a brain tumour during covid and used to drive 30 miles every day to sit outside the window of her room in a hospice because he wasn't allowed inside the building.

I was genuinely moved by his well written account. You would have to be devoid humanity not to feel sorry for him, even if you, like I, have always found him repugnent. I think that this, not unsurprisingly, has had a profound effect on him and, from other comments I have read on here, I'm not the only one who has noticed a change in his output towards the unhinged level of Ewen McKenna. He seems to be consummed with bitterness and hate towards us. Perhaps he has channelled his anger at his circumstances towards City. I really hope that he finds help and peace and can be returned to his previous level of obnoxiousness.

Anyone spot the error?
Is it the word "journalist"?

Anyone spot the error?
I think it’s deliberate mate, I have seen reports from everyone of the WhatsApp group and other so called sports journalists who put us as Saudi or Qatari owned intermittently, Deloony did it the other day with Haaland saying the stance Norway have taken against the Qatar World Cup would have a bearing on him joining City, thereby putting it in the fuckwits minds who follow these knobheads on social media and written media that Saudi/Qatar/UAE are all one and the same.

I personally think there is a strong element of racism mixed with their own allegiances to the red owned clubs and their fans who seem to lap this shit up, their heavy use of the term ‘oil owned’ club is a substitute for what they would say if they could referring to City’s owners ethnicity and/or religion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.