Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will Messi end his PSG goal drought tomorrow night ?

If you think you know the answer please tell the bbc as they are asking the question.
Great to see a a main stream broadcaster getting behind an English team in the Champs League.
They always do-if that team wears red.

Can you name an occasion where any mainstream media outlet has actually said that performance levels in the men's and women's games are on a par?
I think they are looking for a parity in income (especially in US) and you can be sure it will have a knock on effect. Tennis players are paid equally however women's tennis is played over 3 sets (usually finished in an hour). I've nothing against women's sport, however it has taken mens football over 100 years to get to this level in this country. Women should bide their time. It's all about supply and demand. If there was a demand to watch women's football to the same level of the men's game then sure they would deserve parity...but not until then!

Bang on and it’s infuriating. I’m not advocating any disrespect being shown to anyone but when for example some girl who’s won 5 league titles or 8 fa cups in the women’s game is introduced on a panel as though her achievements were somehow on a par with, for the sake of argument Souness, it’s just comical.

You can only beat what’s in front of you but depth of talent in any sport has to be a contributory factor in assessing achievements therein. For example Katie Taylor an all conquering boxer was actually compared to the great Ray Leonard on one boxing broadcast recently. There are only a handful of full time pros in her weight classes so it’s not comparing like with like.

Political correctness gone mad.
One of the reasons that women's boxing got the go-ahead in the Olympics was because the standard achieved by women boxers (and Katie Taylor in particular - she was actually specifically mentioned in the report to the OCI) was deemed too high to ignore.
Her skill level is therefore undoubted. She has earned the right to be compared with anyone.

She actually changed the sport of boxing and the way people, expert and non-expert alike, view it.
Very few athletes can say that.
Now, if you didn't like the Sugar Ray comparison you won't like this one but there you go, sport is all about opinions:

In fact, by opening it up to half of the world's population, she has probably had the greatest impact on the sport of boxing since Ali... if not greater.

Bang on and it’s infuriating. I’m not advocating any disrespect being shown to anyone but when for example some girl who’s won 5 league titles or 8 fa cups in the women’s game is introduced on a panel as though her achievements were somehow on a par with, for the sake of argument Souness, it’s just comical.

You can only beat what’s in front of you but depth of talent in any sport has to be a contributory factor in assessing achievements therein. For example Katie Taylor an all conquering boxer was actually compared to the great Ray Leonard on one boxing broadcast recently. There are only a handful of full time pros in her weight classes so it’s not comparing like with like.

Political correctness gone mad.
I will watch the odd women's game, don't actually mind it. You get to see some decent matches tbf. But the truth of the matter is, that if all the top European teams were not piggy backing off the mens team name, they would be out of business very soon.

Monday night football. Jenas “ City are backed by a nation state” so another ‘pundit’ spreading false and ignorant information. YCNMIU

“Backed by a nation state”

anfield Rory up to his usual tricks on 5live now. Just drops it in casually as he does most weeks, in the middle of making a point about another club or something else, so no one picks up on it.

There are plenty of other journalists I dislike but I particularly can’t abide this fella cos respectable 5live and good old moderate Mark Chapman give the fucker a platform to millions every week, as some sort of educated voice of reason.
Twat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.