Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Dailuy United combined Manchester derby 11 team.

The bullshitter, sorry, reporter, is Dan Ripley, who like many other journalists is stealing a living.

Where do you start with this garbage of a combined Manchester derby 11 team and article.

Let’s start with Harry Maguire. Then no Bernardo. Etc.

View attachment 29293
Oh my aching sides, McTominay ahead of Rodri!! Pure comedy gold

Well it's not really surprising, the United kid's parent didn't stand up at a hearing and say the club didn't support him, and the player thought the club didn't support him.

It's the club being accused of failing Jeremy Wisten that's the news story today. The death was already covered when it happened months ago, the news today is about the testimony of the parent.

The failing here is that the club, who would surely have been reached for comment, didn't reply with a statement about how devastated they are about the loss, but outlining everything the club does for our academy players to support them, before stating like Wilcox did, that they'll investigate to see if they could do more in the future.

If I, as a fan, know enough to write that they get a full education guaranteed to make sure they've got something to fall back on, they get taught about mental health and have access to therapists, the club does reach out to secure them trials at other clubs so they can land somewhere etc. then someone at the club should be able to package that up, add stuff we don't know about, and then present it in a way that's compassionate to comprehensively refute those claims, without being overly defensive or attacking the grieving parent.

And if the club had given a proper statement like that, the article would be very different and have a different headline.
A very unfair analysis. You assume the club was contacted, then you criticise them for not replying. How about assuming the club was not contacted, since there is no evidence to suggest they were asked to comment on the matter after the enquiry.

A very unfair analysis. You assume the club was contacted, then you criticise them for not replying. How about assuming the club was not contacted, since there is no evidence to suggest they were asked to comment on the matter after the enquiry.
Why don't we ask a journalist?

@tolmie's hairdoo chances that the club would be contacted for comment on this story by the BBC or any of the other outlets running it?

Further, why do the media need to contact the club when one of our top men was at the inquest and gave a full explanation.
It is the disgusting way this evidence has been reported that annoys me. The evidence, as reported in the Daily Telegraph was that the club set up trials 9 different clubs but the parents and the lad refused these. They thought that getting an agent was more important The bbc initially reported (later changed) and Sky are still running with, none of these 9 trials materialised. That makes it sound like the offers from City were not genuine which is a disgusting way for a journalist to report the hearing.

@tolmie's hairdoo chances that the club would be contacted for comment on this story by the BBC or any of the other outlets running it?
As per my post. A top City man (Wilcox) gave evidence in court as to what the procedures are and what they did. Why would anyone need to contact City after that?

As per my post. A top City man (Wilcox) gave evidence in court as to what the procedures are and what they did. Why would anyone need to contact City after that?
I don't think Wilcox was put up there directly to refute the parents accusations, although if he was, he did it poorly, which again, is ultimately the clubs fault.

There is no way that anyone should be left with any doubts as to what the club provide for academy players like Jeremy Witsen. As far as I've seen Wilcox mentions nothing except the trials and that the club will look into changing policies.

If someone has the coverage it's around a couple of minutes after the incident.

Ratboy admitted in the past has said they have communication with stockley park.
Shockley Park (my iPad auto corrected but maybe it knows better than me) may be telling broadcasters what is going on with Var so that they can inform viewers but no way should the broadcasters be able to ask questions.
No wonder it takes five minutes to get a decision if they are busy chatting with each other.

I would agree.
But why have him doing liverpool and Neville United.
They are the two with some insight .
However when Cresswell made that tackle he gave the ooooookhhhh response, the same as Neville if a City player makes a heavy tackle especially v United.
Let them do other matches and MNF.
cause VAR listen to them while game in progress

yep cheap shots by the journalist and media should be held to account by our club and punished
but we all know nothing will be said or done to bring them to change the headlines and a sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.