Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most football fans who arent dippers or rags can see thought it.
I can chat with fans of any club without a problem normally. And they all hate the dippers and rags. OK I have to tell them about the stuff City for the community etc !

I have spoken to a few rags around here, 3 stick in my mind a 26yr never been to the swamp or any match. One my age but hasnt been since around 2010 and says he has lost interest. One again around my age but when you talk to him it's clear he doesnt know about football or rags 100% plastic. Dippers just try and stare me out lol.
Can’t remember seeing any liverpool contestants here

Liverpool Echo, MEN are owned by the same organisation and yet there is a very big difference in the way they present their football stories.

I follow City news on the web through aggregators like newsnow and we see the MEN and Liverpool Echo headlines. There is a big difference in the way they sell their football stories. The MEN City stories are City focused. The Echo stories are City focused. This tells you a lot about how a commercially centric organisation views the fanbases of both clubs.

Most football fans who arent dippers or rags can see thought it.
I can chat with fans of any club without a problem normally. And they all hate the dippers and rags. OK I have to tell them about the stuff City for the community etc !

I have spoken to a few rags around here, 3 stick in my mind a 26yr never been to the swamp or any match. One my age but hasnt been since around 2010 and says he has lost interest. One again around my age but when you talk to him it's clear he doesnt know about football or rags 100% plastic. Dippers just try and stare me out lol.
5 Live Football Daily had a pile of journos saying that like all neutral fans they wanted City to slip up so they could have an exciting title race. Personally, if City weren't in the running I wouldn't give a rats gonads who won the title and as most of them claimed to support Spurs or Arsenal, why would they care whether we or the dippers won it?

Haha used to absolutely love those on Big Train, the Barry Davies commentary was amazing
Phil Cornwell on co-comms was also brilliant, but as you say Barry stole the show. Big Train was really good, but was overshadowed in the public eye by the behemof that was The Fast Show.

I reckon football fans in general are getting fed up with the clickbait rubbish.
The problem is they have created a shrinking pool so they have little choice. It is a self fulfilling prophesy that will see readership go down the plug hole.

If they did what the LotG prescribe and the paying public want, I can see PiGMOL giving them a behind-the-scenes bollocking, which usually happens on these occasions! Managers, too, would spend the time slot allocated to them bemoaning the fact that the laws were applied correctly but to their team's disadvantage, witness Brenda blathering about the first penalty!
It's like when they break up a fracas. Just do what Dean does and watch and observe then dish out a shed load of cards! Not their job to get in the middle.

5 Live Football Daily had a pile of journos saying that like all neutral fans they wanted City to slip up so they could have an exciting title race. Personally, if City weren't in the running I wouldn't give a rats gonads who won the title and as most of them claimed to support Spurs or Arsenal, why would they care whether we or the dippers won it?
Same for most fans who only care about their own clubs.

Journos are only concerned with stories. At the start of the season some were saying the league was Uniteds and City would struggle for top 4. Clearly they would not wish to be reminded of their predictions and prejudices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.