Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why the Der Spiegel stories always should have been viewed with nothing but suspicion.

I know for a 100% fact the the hacked emails were offered to a few German outlets but they didn't want to run the risk of legal action.

Der Speigel had previously run a story painting certain Bayern boardroom members in a negative light. Bayern kicked off big time and threatened legal action.

A couple of people at Bayern (miraculously) knew Der Spiegel had the emails and essentially pressured Der Spiegel into running with the story, knowing they had leverage.

What's interesting about all of this is the misinformation that continued to spread, even after the CAS ruling. For example, a few outlets, including the MEN, stated we didn't persue legal action over the claims. This is sort of accurate (as it's notoriously difficult to win libel cases against German Newspapers, despite the 2017 defamation laws) but what wasn't widely shared was that the club most certainly fired shots across the bows of two individual journalists rather than Der Spiegel as an organisation.

When I see the connection some here (maybe because it is convenient to get "easy sounding answers") make between Spiegel and Bayern that never made any sense. The newspaper sits in Hamburg - 800 km away from Munich - they do not have a friendly relationship at all - more the opposite. And it is not that Bayern has the leverage to pressure newspapers...

Spiegel is a left leaning newspaper - apart from some of the Ultras the clubs connections are more to people from the bavarian CSU... - just to show that influence, too...

Yes, the club FC Bayern does not like the way some clubs are financed as that is a big advantage in European football in addition to the big TV contracts the EPL has anyways - and they are very outspoken about that and the media has that in the papers as it is FC Bayern and not FC Hintertuxingen. But that should not be the basics for all kind of conspiracy theories...

Last edited:
The same Klopp that stands watching the opposition warming up and obviously not trying to put them off? That Klopp?
Would be funny if our players lined up and started firing balls at him , maybe he thinks he gets a psychological advantage by staring out the opposition players , looking at some of Klippety's recent results against us it doesnt appear to be working.

Klopp is quoted today as saying Maddison was talking to salah to put him off. What does he want, a minutes silence so salah can concentrate to take his often ill gotten pen.
Is that any different to the likes of Robertson shoving opponents in the back and shouting ‘Miss’ when they get past him?

Don't know who the reporter was but he said 'over on the proper side of Manchester ......' and then banged on about Ronaldo still playing at whatever age.
I found it very a strange programme in two inrespects.
1. There were plenty of references to racism but not mention at all of the sheer hatred that poured down from neutral fans and still cascades down the Kop and the rest of Anfield. lt is ideal for racists to yell abuse at a black player without being overtly so and it has gone on for 6 years. Lots of praise was given to Southgate for backing Raheem at this time but over to the other point..
2. Not even acknowledgement was given to his employers for backing him or to Pep for bringing him on as a player and having faith in him when he was having bad patches and no mention was made of the success and the trophies he achieved at City or the likelihood of another PL.medal at the end of this season.
I found it disappointing, more talksport than radio 4.

Any mention from the BBC rag of the fact it was a convicted hooligan who supports “the right side of Manchester” who followed Raheem in his car, then attacked and racially abused him outside our training ground?

Would be funny if our players lined up and started firing balls at him , maybe he thinks he gets a psychological advantage by staring out the opposition players , looking at some of Klippety's recent results against us it doesnt appear to be working.
I wish they would do that,and at the ref when he gets in the way

City have lost 2 games already this season too.

These thicko scousers don’t realise it’s their many draws, they fail to convert to wins, that stops them winning titles.
Their entitlement, nothing to do with draws, their entitlement every time.

When I see the connection some here (maybe because it is convenient to get "easy sounding answers") make between Spiegel and Bayern that never made any sense. The newspaper sits in Hamburg - 800 km away from Munich - they do not have a friendly relationship at all - more the opposite. And it is not that Bayern has the leverage to pressure newspapers...

Spiegel is a left leaning newspaper - apart from some of the Ultras the clubs connections are more to people from the bavarian CSU... - just to show that influence, too...

Yes, the club FC Bayern does not like the way some clubs are financed as that is a big advantage in European football in addition to the big TV contracts the EPL has anyways - and they are very outspoken about that and the media has that in the papers as it is FC Bayern and not FC Hintertuxingen. But that should not be the basics for all kind of conspiracy theories...
I'd be far more wary of the info myself if it didn't come from two seperate sources at two different German publications (I worked in the German media between 2015-2021).

Now, there could be an element of mischief making going on, especially if the aforementioned sources felt a little salty that they decided not to run the story considering how big it ended up being.

What's also worth noting is that one of the people who told me all of this was convinced that Bayern weren't the only club given a heads up about the emails. Our scouse friends were certainly in the loop, hence why one of their client journos, Tariq Panja, went so hard in on the story.

I suppose we'll never really know the full details, but fascinating all the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.