Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
The good old Beeb running an article saying Southgate's experiment failed last night with a handy picture of Foden fronting the article.

The good old Beeb running an article saying Southgate's experiment failed last night with a handy picture of Foden fronting the article.
The tw@t who interviewed Waistcoat after the game said pretty much the same thing about playing both Foden and Mount but he definitely put the emphasis on Foden being the problem.

And while we’re at it, Henry Winter, we gave Hughes plenty of time but he preferred operating in a comfort zone and didn’t share the ambition of the owners.

He took Sven’s team that finished 9th the previous season despite downing tools towards the end to 10th in his full season in charge with the Sheikh backing him.

He was presented the gift of unlimited wealth to scour the planet for world class talent and he signed Wayne Bridge. Take your pick from a host of attacking talent? Or sign Santa Cruz and Bellamy because they did a half decent job for you at Blackburn?

We were labelled classless for giving the guy 18 months to prove himself yet sacking Bruce now is seen by Winter as the honourable thing to do. These clowns still live in the newspaper is used to wrap tomorrow’s fish and chips, that they can say whatever they like and any inconsistencies are forgotten about.
Hughes signed Vinnie can forgive anything for that.

And while we’re at it, Henry Winter, we gave Hughes plenty of time but he preferred operating in a comfort zone and didn’t share the ambition of the owners.

He took Sven’s team that finished 9th the previous season despite downing tools towards the end to 10th in his full season in charge with the Sheikh backing him.

He was presented the gift of unlimited wealth to scour the planet for world class talent and he signed Wayne Bridge. Take your pick from a host of attacking talent? Or sign Santa Cruz and Bellamy because they did a half decent job for you at Blackburn?

We were labelled classless for giving the guy 18 months to prove himself yet sacking Bruce now is seen by Winter as the honourable thing to do. These clowns still live in the newspaper is used to wrap tomorrow’s fish and chips, that they can say whatever they like and any inconsistencies are forgotten about.

Hughes also signed Vinnie,Zaba,Barry,De Jong and Tevez.Bellamy was a superb signing too.

I'm not saying he was the right choice for us,but its easy to attack any manager for shit signings,so credit where its due.

Foden's picture appears on the opening page under that heading and when you click on the heading another picture of Foden above the article. Clear message Think its time I deleted the BBC news pages from my Bookmarks.

Fo
Foden's picture appears on the opening page under that heading and when you click on the heading another picture of Foden above the article. Clear message Think its time I deleted the BBC news pages from my Bookmarks.
The press don't know shit about football, they're glorified plastics that have no idea about the game.

They remind me of the '90s United fan' who had no idea when United were playing or who they were playing...just plastics and probably the same types that took up journalism.

Hughes also signed Vinnie,Zaba,Barry,De Jong and Tevez.Bellamy was a superb signing too.

I'm not saying he was the right choice for us,but its easy to attack any manager for shit signings,so credit where its due.

Give over

Despite those signings we lost 18 games in his only full season in charge. That’s the same as Newcastle who were relegated.

Bellamy wasn’t a ‘superb’ signing. 12 goals in 40 appearances. He was a decent pro wherever he went but had the knack of getting fans behind him, by ranting at officials, winding up opponents to achieve that.

Kompany and Zaba were eventually great signings. Hughes signed and played them as midfielders. It was Mancini who deployed them effectively.

To be fair to them they are right. Foden IS the problem; he's TOO good.

Hughes was a very important stepping stone that brought a bit of stability to the club, Newcastle would do well to do likewise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.