Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its time the club told the BBC in no uncertain terms to fuck off. Dont give interviews for MOTD or send some assistant. The bias is pathetic and way over the top and has been for ages. They pander to the reds esp Rags and they had the right idea by refusing to do interviews with them.

Every negative article is a City photo, the Foden one is taking the piss. Should be Kane who stank the place out last night or Southgate himself for pathetic subs

What the fuck does our PR team do apart from lube up and bend over.

The sooner they fuck off the BBC the better

Hughes was a very important stepping stone that brought a bit of stability to the club, Newcastle would do well to do likewise.
I think the difference is we were never in danger of being relegated under Hughes, Newcastle on the other hand are currently in a precarious position under Bruce. We had time to look, time to assess, time to identify the problems and, most importantly, time to identify the right person to solve those problems. I don't think our owners get enough credit for the appointment of Mancini, absolutely the right man at the right time. We had an inferiority complex born out of 30 years of being dominated by United. Mancini carried none of that baggage and saw the challenge as an opportunity rather than a problem. Newcastle's problems seem more basic than that, more to do with poor investment, poor recruitment and poor management and so I can't see any chance of Bruce getting any leeway.

Foden's picture appears on the opening page under that heading and when you click on the heading another picture of Foden above the article. Clear message Think its time I deleted the BBC news pages from my Bookmarks.
I would agree that Foden's picture on the headline article probably shouldn't be there......a picture of Harry Kane looking completely lost (he was just utterly useless and anonymous all night) would have been better. Foden didn't have his best game but equally he still tried to provide some incisive passes and at least tried to make things happen....sometimes it just doesn't come off.

However, I thought the article itself - and the picture of Foden on the article - were OK. The picture mentions that Foden provided the cross for Big Johnny Twinkle to equalise, which is fair enough and didn't seem negative to me.

In the article itself I think Phil McNulty generally got most points spot on. The game was deadly dull and the second half was an eyesore he said.....and yes it was. He rightly had a go at Kane and how poor he was, he rightly had a go at Southgate for taking off Grealish, who was still the only real threat. And he rightly pointed out that Sterling wasn't at his best either and can have no complaints at being taken off.

For once I'm not too bothered by this article, I thought it was a fair summary. The pictures you can interpret however you want.

I would agree that Foden's picture on the headline article probably shouldn't be there......a picture of Harry Kane looking completely lost (he was just utterly useless and anonymous all night) would have been better. Foden didn't have his best game but equally he still tried to provide some incisive passes and at least tried to make things happen....sometimes it just doesn't come off.

However, I thought the article itself - and the picture of Foden on the article - were OK. The picture mentions that Foden provided the cross for Big Johnny Twinkle to equalise, which is fair enough and didn't seem negative to me.

In the article itself I think Phil McNulty generally got most points spot on. The game was deadly dull and the second half was an eyesore he said.....and yes it was. He rightly had a go at Kane and how poor he was, he rightly had a go at Southgate for taking off Grealish, who was still the only real threat. And he rightly pointed out that Sterling wasn't at his best either and can have no complaints at being taken off.

For once I'm not too bothered by this article, I thought it was a fair summary. The pictures you can interpret however you want.
The writer probably had no involvement with the pictures used to illustrate the headline and the article. They would have been selected and added by either an editor or someone laying out the page. The message in the images was clear and in my opinion chosen on purpose.

Hughes was a very important stepping stone that brought a bit of stability to the club, Newcastle would do well to do likewise.
After Sven, and the state the club was in at that moment in time Hughes was a sensible appointment.

Once the takeover was announced everyone knew Hughes didn't have what it takes to achieve the ambitions we had. If anything the owners gave him too much time, he should have been gone at the end of the 08/09 season. The decision to keep him on ultimately cost us CL qualification in 09/10.

Newcastle will be too good to be relegated but they should jettison Bruce as soon as possible, he's not even a bang average manager.

Tabloids all running with Money bags Foden headlines tomorrow…. Phil will earn over 5 years what Ronaldo will earn in 12 months…. Good job Ronaldo loves United….
I see the Mirror has 50 million splashed on its back pages. Weird how no media reported wages or money for any of the Dippers many contract renewals in the summer

The writer probably had no involvement with the pictures used to illustrate the headline and the article. They would have been selected and added by either an editor or someone laying out the page. The message in the images was clear and in my opinion chosen on purpose.
'One picture is worth a thousand words' is particularly appropriate there.
Pictures like that are deliberately used to give an immediate and often lasting impression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.