Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's already started, and Haaland's signing hasn't been announced yet by any party involved in the possible transfer.

The Daily United/Liverpool.

Imagine the headline and amount of positive articles if Haaland was signing for United or Liverpool. The f*cking Rag Fanzine wouldn't have mentioned what the bitter Dortmund fans are saying

Jacob Ranson. Who the f*ck is he? Is he related to Ray Ranson?

Screenshot-20220419-121354-2.png
My nan always used.to say jealousy is the ugliest of traits

I think a big factor in our fanbase not increasing as you might expect given our recent success has been down to the unprecedented negative agenda against us.
The fans of our main rivals and their stooges in the media have resorted to levels of bias, and outright hatred occasionally that surpasses anything previously witnessed in English football
Who said our fan base isn't increasing as expected? Who is measuring and who is defining the expectation? See, their propaganda has even got you believing it ;-)

I think a big factor in our fanbase not increasing as you might expect given our recent success has been down to the unprecedented negative agenda against us.
The fans of our main rivals and their stooges in the media have resorted to levels of bias, and outright hatred occasionally that surpasses anything previously witnessed in English football
Our fan base is increasing, mainly in the 3 to 15 year old brackets. They don't read all that crap, they just see Aguero, Sterling, Kevin, Jack etc.. Red fan bases, imo are mainly in the 30 to 100 age bracket and that base took years to grow, look around for all the kids in sky blue.

Perhaps City fans will never be like United and Liverpool fans. We may just remain a hard-core local-based fanbase like, for example, Athletico Madrid. Most City fans enjoy the fact we have always been "anti-establishment" and the last 10 years have shown that maybe we will never be accepted as part of the establishment no matter how much we win. It makes me cringe when LFC fans say they are "football Royalty." I think most of our fans secretly like being outsiders as long as we keep hoovering up trophies.
Couldn't agree more. Its much better having fans who can get to games - I moved down south from North Manchester as a kid (dad's fault = work) of course you can never change clubs after Maine Rd in the 70's...BU all classmates in the South.. Liverpool or Utd 'fans' WHY? because they were more popular and had an air of success. .these kids were fairly beige type kids...needed security of a successful group to belong to etc. Much rather have an Athletico Madrid type fan base linked to the club not just because its safe...we do need to tap into this 'anti establishment' ...through thick and thin...gallows humour..and give supporting the team a real good go... shouting from the roof tops,,spirit of Blackburn stuff...shame to see our fan base almost be beaten by these social media dicks claiming we are a terrible fan base etc..lets show 'em

Perhaps City fans will never be like United and Liverpool fans. We may just remain a hard-core local-based fanbase like, for example, Athletico Madrid. Most City fans enjoy the fact we have always been "anti-establishment" and the last 10 years have shown that maybe we will never be accepted as part of the establishment no matter how much we win. It makes me cringe when LFC fans say they are "football Royalty." I think most of our fans secretly like being outsiders as long as we keep hoovering up trophies.

Atletico is a great example. Although you are ahead of them on a global scale, but yes its mainly hardcore local fans. Chelsea and Arsenal dont have the same global appeal as those either even though they are worldwide names. Again, I think a lot of theirs is the African contingent and a lot of the young French lads.

I think Haaland will push you onto a bigger stage and if you get the CL, it will do the same.

The media have also convinced a lot of fans Liverpool have won the league already.
I know 4 people , lifelong blues and season ticket holders , who can't be arsed going tonight . What the fuck have we become.

Thats ridiculous tbf. If they had the 1 point lead then you could say this with some confidence as they dont look like dropping points and it wouldnt matter what you did.

However you have the 1 point advantage, so as long as you keep winning it doesnt matter if they win each game 10-0, you will win the league.

Atletico is a great example. Although you are ahead of them on a global scale, but yes its mainly hardcore local fans. Chelsea and Arsenal dont have the same global appeal as those either even though they are worldwide names. Again, I think a lot of theirs is the African contingent and a lot of the young French lads.

I think Haaland will push you onto a bigger stage and if you get the CL, it will do the same.
Yep signings etx play a part, Chelsea and Arsenal are huge in Africa due in no small part to some if their past players. Whereas we seem to be growing fastest in Spain, Portugal and South America along with the US which has a lot of Spanish speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.