Media Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the actual term is "As long as the lie is repeated often enough, most people will believe it". But it will always be the same, whatever we win they will keep pointing towards the money, FFP or whatever while completely ignoring the fact that the likes of Liverpool have managed to earn and spend as much. Nobody ever mentions Chelsea either, who under Abramovich seemed to have a bottomless money pit.
Media manipulation is definitey a thing - and has been going on for years.
I remember reading an article years ago in a magazine called 'Creative Review' – it was in the early days of photoshop and detailed how it was being used to manipulate stories... even just simple details... for example, they highlighted the story of Dawn Griffiths who's baby daughter was stolen from the Hospital - but was found safe and returned. A photograph of the happy mum was taken, but before publishing it was edited - they didn't think the mum was cuddling the baby close enough, so they moved them closer together for maximum emotional value.
Another was of a riot, where the rioters and police were moved closer together to make the incident look more serious than it was etc. etc.
A couple of days ago, before the last game - an advert on Twitter showed Pep and Klopp together - the photo had Klopp with his arm around Pep, and was at a strange angle so he loomed over him... this was definitely a deliberate editorial choice as it made Klopp look like he was dominating Pep... this is the sort of shit they do nowadays in the age of digital media... psychology is definitely a big player.
I know we all call bullshit on this kind of stuff, but I think City definitely need to start cleverly fighting back - the way Pep's been acting of late, and now Soriano... I think it's a sign the club have had enough.

Tinpot media pundits carving out a career by just being anti City shocker.

Join the queue behind Collymore, Harris, Delaney etc.

Media manipulation is definitey a thing - and has been going on for years.
I remember reading an article years ago in a magazine called 'Creative Review' – it was in the early days of photoshop and detailed how it was being used to manipulate stories... even just simple details... for example, they highlighted the story of Dawn Griffiths who's baby daughter was stolen from the Hospital - but was found safe and returned. A photograph of the happy mum was taken, but before publishing it was edited - they didn't think the mum was cuddling the baby close enough, so they moved them closer together for maximum emotional value.
Another was of a riot, where the rioters and police were moved closer together to make the incident look more serious than it was etc. etc.
A couple of days ago, before the last game - an advert on Twitter showed Pep and Klopp together - the photo had Klopp with his arm around Pep, and was at a strange angle so he loomed over him... this was definitely a deliberate editorial choice as it made Klopp look like he was dominating Pep... this is the sort of shit they do nowadays in the age of digital media... psychology is definitely a big player.
I know we all call bullshit on this kind of stuff, but I think City definitely need to start cleverly fighting back - the way Pep's been acting of late, and now Soriano... I think it's a sign the club have had enough.
Lets hope so

What a bloody miserable twat Jordan is.
Jack Grealish wasn't 'kicking off, he wasn't starting a fight, being abusive or Insulting or assaulting anyone.( Certainly not from what I've seen or read).
Footballers do have a bit of a reputation it must be said and old Jacky boy does sometimes come accross as a bit of a 'geezer'. However, from what I saw he was in good spirits having a few beers celebrating getting a Premier lge winners medal, he was affectionately taking the piss out of his team mates (and laughed when he got it back) and I for one found him quite funny!

In fairness, and I think Jordan is a total c&@t but he had a slight point. Pointlessly putting Almiron down was needless, uncalled for and frankly a bit weird. Especially considering the season Grealish has had.

BBC headline on 2200 news along with piss up and lie-gate report:-
'The great Mo Salah is going to stay at Liverpool for next season but the future is more uncertain'.

Arseholes. The second cause is the key one but will they explain the significance.? Raz left and was booed up to this date but at least he earned the dippers about 50 million.

BBC headline on 2200 news along with piss up and lie-gate report:-
'The great Mo Salah is going to stay at Liverpool for next season but the future is more uncertain'.

Arseholes. The second cause is the key one but will they explain the significance.? Raz left and was booed up to this date but at least he earned the dippers about 50 million.
The idiots think what he said is great, but he's just running his contract down and will be gone for nowt next year.

Can't see the moneyball gimps letting that happen so I reckon he'll be gone if Real put a bid in for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.