Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hahaha. He’s broken them! What a fucking tosspot.

Beyond embarrassing this now, it was ok when Pep, Messi and co we’re doing it years ago, it was very much a standard goal, but not now.

Our media are so fuckin poor in general, can’t believe some people still think there’s no narrative and even defend them.

What a smug self congratulatory article proclaiming his own intellegence that was by Jonathan Liew. Full of the same old tropes we're all accustomed to and caped off with a vicious final paragraph
I bet he enjoyed the high fives in the corridor with all the other Guardian sports journalist intelegencia after that.
To quote Anton De Beke from Stricly - "Well done! You're definately getting better!!" (Code for "You're shit and you know you are, and frankly how you stayed on the show till this week is beyond me.")

Last edited:
Organised and Clear, Clear and Organised

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ling-haaland-scoring-wear-off-manchester-city

I doubt any true football fan will tire of seeing goals, whether from Haaland, Aguero, Messi, Shearer or Henry. The novelty of Liew wore off a very long time ago though. How can such pretentious individuals, particularly in The Guardian and The Independent, with their flowery and convoluted words, be given licence in prominent opinion pieces to spout such drivel, usually with a knife and twist at the end. These media charlatans turned shameless a long time ago and are getting worse.

Liew has little insight into Shaun Goater, MBE, yet still has a dig. Shaun was well loved and remains so. `Feed the Goat and He Will Score` ... They even specially recognise him with Shaun Goater Day in Bermuda. What will Liew be remembered for?

He said, "A club that does what it wants" - this is a lie and part of the media myth fed by an organised and clear campaign by the redtops. Liverpool could not even "compete", to use Klopp`s word, with bottom of the league Nottingham Forest at the weekend and have also dropped points this season to Brighton, Palace, Fulham and the rags. Who`s to blame for that? Even these spin doctors can not put that on City.

The quality of football and competition has rarely been better during the Premier League years yet falsehoods are peddled by those who have slipped off their perch due to mismanagement, instability and poor decisions or who are simply jealous.

BALLON D’OR CLUB of the YEAR - Manchester City Football Club - winners of the Premier League in thrilling fashion (4 PLs in 5 seasons); 150 goals across all competition (more than any other team in Europe); City Women winners of the Continental Cup and FA Cup Finalists; City’s Elite Development Squad crowned Premier League 2 champions for a second successive season; and Premier League Under-18 North and National champions, sealing the notable double for the second season in succession. It is rightful recognition for such a well run and successful CLUB.

Liew did not cover any of this last week, nor did The Guardian. I wonder why.

`He who pays the piper calls the tune`. Liew and his cohorts are dancing merrily. Who is pulling their strings?

Last edited:
If only he had contributed the same amount of goals that Darwin Nunez has. The press were sharpening their pencils to write shite articles about Haaland being a flop at City. Now they can’t they are trying to discredit how outstanding he has been.

I don’t remember articles calling Ronaldo or Henry boring when they were rattling in the goals. The premier league has a genuine world class generational talent plying his trade, if you didn’t support City you would appreciate him, if you can’t then maybe football isn’t the hobby for you.
To be fair a lot of pundits are raving about him, it’s just delusional cunts like the guardian who prove their continued incompetence and bitterness with every word they write. To think, I used to admire that rag, decades ago

I don’t know how to start a new thread but I think it may be educational for Bluemooners with the replies that may follow this post, but I’ve been thinking, and it may sound controversial but…….Has FFP been the catalyst to our success?

Without FFP, would we have sought out the expertise of Soriano and Begiristan and with that, the subsequent commitment of Pep Guardiola.

Did FFP make Khaldoon focus the strategy of the club? Were we in danger of chasing glory through already established big names? I.e Kaka etc.

I don’t know if FFP made our management team focus on building a team and club that is now recognised by FIFA as the best club in the world.

I think what I am trying to say is that without financial constrictions we may have had a team containing Sanchez, Fred, Cucarella, Ronaldo and possibly Neymar, Messi, Mbappe and god knows who else and that would be the result of being able to spend what we like.

I think FFP has been good for us, it highlights how superior our management team are in that they have pulled together a group of individuals that willingly contribute to be part of a team that produce consistently brilliant football that we all love to watch rather than a group of egocentric footballers more interested in their own reputations than their part in the collective.

We have paid a Man City tax on a lot of players, which in my opinion is the only way we can be accused of inflating transfer fees. (It’s Man City, they’re loaded, let’s add a few million on).

We definitely are the best run club in the world and there is absolutely no doubt about it and it is because we know how to operate within the financial restraints of FFP but also because our owners are not yet ready to cash in, that is why by continuing to invest in the team, keeping key management and players happy, we continue to grow and our value grows on an ever rising trajectory.

But the mainstream media don’t or won’t recognise this simple fact and it is pure and simple xenophobia with an inherent loyalty to the traditional big 4.

Manchester City are world leaders in the business of football and are an example that American owners should follow to make the maximum profit from their investment but as long as they (American owners) can skim the cream and have the support of the media then we will never be recognised as the trendsetters.

Is FFP the reason we are so good? discuss ….

In short, yes. It’s the reason we are doing so much better than the old guard who’ve just rested on the laurels and thought they’d be the best without trying.

The vision it’s taken to topple the elite whilst playing to their silly poorly thought out ‘rules’ has made us stronger than if we’d have just been allowed to spend at will.

Whilst they’ve lead to some horrid headlines and awkward moments over the last decade or so. It’s actually helped us quite a bit and hindered those of an old school mentality who dwell in the past rather than the future.

The RDAHMeedya must have the most frictioned craws in the whole of the world's press and broadcasting 'cos everything that goes on at City seems to stick in one or other of the scribblers. Since Erling Haarland joined and he's been totting up the goals they give me the impression that they are gonna implode if he gets twenty before Christmas. Keep shooting, Erland. Kevin, Phil, Jack, Bernardo, Joao keep feeding him. FEED THE VIKING AND HE WILL GET THE RDAHMEEDYA TO BURST INTO FLAMES.

Last edited:
Most journalists these days only care about getting clicks, that's obvious.

The Guardian writers have clearly stumbled on an angle that brings them clicks - anti-City stories.

I bet Liew doesn't believe half the shit he writes but that's not the point, his articles get City and non-City fans clicking and sharing and talking about them across social media.

I keep saying, just block and ignore but City fans keep biting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.