Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sam Lee has essentially become a twitter troll these days whose target seems to be the people who are supposed to be his customers. He is doing this at a time when City (and our fanbase) is growing faster than any other club in the world. It really doesn't make any commercial sense to alienate all your contacts. It is the journalistic equivalent of "losing the dressing room."

He threw the towel in ages ago. ‘Silent quitting’ is the new term for it I believe. A big drop off in the quality & passion behind his work and this is reflected in the reduced social media interactions his work has as well.

I’ve never been a fan. He used to blanket every article with ‘Pep will be leaving soon’ and would tell anyone who’d listen it would be the case. When Pep signed his new contract he re-tweeted someone else’s article on it and never ever mentioned it again. Not really what you’d expect from a Manchester City reporter.

He’d also list the charges City were waiting to be breached for and when they ran out or didn’t go anywhere, that seemed to be when he started to drift away into not giving a shit.

There was also the time he said something along the lines of ‘are there any normal fans I can speak to are in the middle of recognising the club are well run but accept they’re at least part way corrupt?’

He’s very sly about the way he goes about things rather than in your face like some other journalists. I find that worse.

Last edited:
He and the other usual suspects are literally and blatantly taking the piss out of the club and the fans now. And yet the club still sits back and doesn’t lift a finger to stop it. Or at worse reduce it. I have come to the unfortunate conclusion that the club don’t actually give a flying fuck about the claims of Manchester City FC being state owned. FFP cheats. Sponsorship cheats. Ticket sales attendance cheats. Under the table bungs cheats. Players wages cheats etc etc. However they may not but a lot of us actually do. So why don’t the club do something on behalf of us the fans? Because as I say they don’t give a fuck about us either. There is no other logical conclusion. Discuss:

It's because they're not so easily triggered as fans on bluemoon.

Liew has been trolling and offered up another tweet as bait and City fans did not disappoint him by biting, yet again.

City don't care about what some journalists write or the opinions of nobodies on twitter, City fans should do the same.

We're playing the best football the club has ever seen, winning almost everything, we're getting better and gaining new fans each and every year so why care about the throwaway remarks of people you don't care for or respect?

Liew has been trolling and offered up another tweet as bait and City fans did not disappoint him by biting, yet again.

City don't care about what some journalists write or the opinions of nobodies on twitter, City fans should do the same.

We're playing the best football the club has ever seen, winning almost everything, we're getting better and gaining new fans each and every year so why care about the throwaway remarks of people you don't care for or respect?

I know I shouldn’t call him a shit **** but it feels right & when they are in Tesco’s I’ll do the same. Obviously it will be TesDA for Liew.

They are not throwaway remarks when they are published online by a media company to a huge global audience. They damage the club's reputation. I agree that fans shouldn't be triggered by such absurd comments but it is important for the club to defend its reputation. To publically accuse our owner of being a supporter of Putin (which is totally false) is defamatory and damaging. And I am certain that the club will certainly respond to this privately.

So he thinks we’re boring because Kev is going to assist Haaland with 4 billion goals & score a hatful each game

However, when we don’t score, we’re also boring, which proves his point?

Seems like a rational man, with perfectly rational & logical thoughts

Or maybe the Arsenham fan (says it all) knows less than my dog about soccerball
Hopefully he’ll be spotted skulking around East Manchester and made into a martyr.

This, just call them cunts and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.