Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another gem by James Martin.

View attachment 49981
I've not read the article but City have lost two forwards with 12(?) seasons PL experience and replaced them with Alfie's lad and Alvarez. Both new signings are upgrades but a settling in period may give the dippers an advantage. On the other hand one is the son of a former PL player and the other has been scoring frequently in a tough, physical league, so if they hit the ground running as Sergio did then the advantage stated may be imaginary. Just like most stuff written by Martin.

I've not read the article but City have lost two forwards with 12(?) seasons PL experience and replaced them with Alfie's lad and Alvarez. Both new signings are upgrades but a settling in period may give the dippers an advantage. On the other hand one is the son of a former PL player and the other has been scoring frequently in a tough, physical league, so if they hit the ground running as Sergio did then the advantage stated may be imaginary. Just like most stuff written by Martin.
Not forgetting that the dippers have lost Mane with 6 seasons of PL experience and a total of 111 goals & 47 assists in 262 games, whilst replacing him (for €100mill no less) with someone who has basically had 1 good season in a much, much weaker league.

J. R. R. Tolkien levels of imaginary writing.

Not forgetting that the dippers have lost Mane with 6 seasons of PL experience and a total of 111 goals & 47 assists in 262 games, whilst replacing him (for €100mill no less) with someone who has basically had 1 good season in a much, much weaker league.

J. R. R. Tolkien levels of imaginary writing.
It must be hard for those who are writing for a dipper audience. Echo, Mirror, BBC etc.
Liverpool are a fantastic team much of the time, but have peaked when City are even better.

It must be hard for those who are writing for a dipper audience. Echo, Mirror, BBC etc.
Liverpool are a fantastic team much of the time, but have peaked when City are even better.
I would go so far as to say, they are consistently the best runners up the PL has ever seen. Shame no one will ever remember them.

I would go so far as to say, they are consistently the best runners up the PL has ever seen. Shame no one will ever remember them.
They have been runners up twice in the past five seasons. As have the rags.
OK, the dippers were only a point behind while the rags were a gap (getting bigger every time we play) behind, but it's fun putting them on a par with the other arse cheek.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.