Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Simon Stone the fucking sneaky Bratwurst-hootered weirdo in full on Green and Gold scarf on the BBC
PS my young nephew has been to Wembley more than united in the last decade. He’s 16

View attachment 67025View attachment 67026
Good to see the new tolerance for offsides Rashford got against Liverpool on full display again. Would be awful if this was one of those new interpretations that we hear about to justify a controversial decision in a big game, that is never seen again.

When City were regularly winning the Carabao Cup the media narrative was 'let's scrap the competition', now the media love-in has their 'dream final' lined up before the 2nd legs are played. The final will, of course, be the greatest day ever at Wembley.
Exactly it's not what Pep was brought in for, with the money spent this won't satisfy the owners, very different now isn't it. ...

Was there an article from the Arsenal game about Rags complaining that the winning goal was offside? Can't remember where I saw the headline but I wanted to have a read of it for the schadenfreude/karma vibes.

Was there an article from the Arsenal game about Rags complaining that the winning goal was offside? Can't remember where I saw the headline but I wanted to have a read of it for the schadenfreude/karma vibes.
I still thought it was offside, not Zinny but Nketiah from the flick on in the box, until at 3rd time of looking I think the rag rb is playing Nketiah on?

I still thought it was offside, not Zinny but Nketiah from the flick on in the box, until at 3rd time of looking I think the rag rb is playing Nketiah on?
Zinny was the one I was unsure about because they didn't do the lines for that one on the stream I watched. The other one looked just about onside. Saying that they would have found the right angle to show it as offside if that was City and everyone would be telling us not to complain.

Local Journalism and Click Bait - Damning Report

The UK’s biggest local news publishers have been accused of ‘"compromising the quality" of their journalism and a "damaging decline” in standards, in a Government report (January 2023) :-

https://committees.parliament.uk/pu...default/?utm_source=substack&utm_medium=email

The report states that the quality of the stories they publish and their relevance to local communities has declined, as sensationalised news content designed to drive visits to a publisher’s website (“clickbait”) was incentivised to increase revenue under new business models. The big companies that control most local newspapers were criticised.

Unsurprisingly, Reach Plc, a London-based company that owns the MEN and many other titles, rejected the report`s findings which they thought were unfounded and somewhat puritan.

The above is re-enforced in a recent piece in `The Mill` ( a Manchester publication) entitled -

Down with cookie-cutter journalism​

The writer told of how his University cohort were lectured on the collapse of print newspapers, redundancies, the rise of short form online journalism and, ultimately, clickbait. Although his journalism programme was apparently never so cynical as to teach the students how to piece together misleading headlines for clicks, they still had to understand that kind of journalism’s growing role in the media.

The above sets the overall scene of which we are already well aware. This is the reality. It is not going to change soon. We are already dealing with it but we have to do better.

The challenge to CITY, at every level of the organisation, is how to stem the tide of redtops manipulation of the media ,which they do by every means available, and become far more savvy in ensuring the proper and wide coverage of CITY`s many notable successes, both on and off the pitch.

CITY need to become clear and organised too - the club and the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.