Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, is there someway to carry this on outside of this thread? It's somewhat off topic...
The Media Thread is a very broad church, but fair enough.

Maybe we can agree that if Darwin Núñez had shot at JFK then we wouldn’t be having this debate :-)

I'm 50 this year and seen us in 8 cup finals.
I've been fortunate enough to see us win 7 and lose only once.
I was gutted in 2013 losing a cup final after a 400 mile round trip so I can understand how the thousands of Tarquins who travelled up to Manchester last night feel.
I spent a whole weekend in that London when we played Spurs in the final. And I had to go back there on the Thursday just to see Ricky Villa fuck us over. I’ll get over it one day.

In both cases the conspiracy theorists are living in their own bubbles, refusing to listen to or acknowledge the facts which debunk their 'evidence'. It's much like the CAS verdict. The verdict has been published, but people just prefer to go on misinterpreting or ignoring it.
The Grauniad still suggests we bribed CAS.

Was at the Wigan final and it pissed me off for the whole summer , a missed opportunity in a competiton i have always loved , 3rd round day is still hard to beat in the football calendar , Goons fans stating they arent bothered is a load of bollocks , they would have been gutted with Arteta's team selection.
Remember the flak Pellegrini got for the team he played in a cup game at Chelsea, and that was when City were basically flying abroad for a CL game soon afterwards. The meat heads in the media change the narrative knowing their hypocritical nonsense will be forgotten by most people within days.

Never seen so many pundits and Goons you tubers so happy about their cup exit , they were not bothered and because they fielded there reserve team make no difference to the league games , it just doesnt matter , apparently.
Maybe they should tell that to the over confiedent 7800 (less 1000 empty seats) Goons who missed a days work and are a couple of hundred quid worse off , and then witnessing the arch rival Spuds cruising through to the 5th round.
Just imagine if the Goons had won , the psycholigical advantage they had gained and the humiliation of a full strength City team , well i am not sure what our full strength team is , unlike the Goons if we have a couple of more injuries the wheels of our season are not going to fall off. Because we have twenty players who can seamlessly come into the team and not really effect our preformance.
Where as the Goons are now shitting themselves if Partey is out for a few games and they have no one to replace him , maybe it is a good thing that the Goons have been knocked out because their relatively paper thin squad couldnt handle three competitions.
Agree Arteta didn't look very relaxed about it after the game. I think they are one or two shock results away from a panic, something like away at the Toffees would put the cat amongst the pigeons.

Agree Arteta didn't look very relaxed about it after the game. I think they are one or two shock results away from a panic, something like away at the Toffees would put the cat amongst the pigeons.
We just need to keep winning and they’re a good chance they will crack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.