Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Less proper maybe, but certainly more expensive.
I often wonder when I stopped being a proper fan. Was it from 1985-87, 1989-96, 2000-01 and 2002 onwards when we were in the top division or was it just after the 2008 takeover?
And if I'm not a proper fan, am I an improper fan? I know I often resort to improper language during games so can I use being an improper fan as my defence. It's not easy these days.

Proper fans is another term that pisses me off. Only lower division teams have proper fans.
Ten games a season at Edgeley or Spotland makes you a proper fan. Twenty odd home games and a couple of aways watching a PL team is somehow less proper.
My definition of a proper fan is one who sticks with their team through thick and thin stays to the end giving support whatever the score.
Leeds ship six at our place they stay and sing " Marching all together" ever louder, proper fans.
Nited ship four in the first half , half of them f**k off. Glory hunting t**ts.
Us in 98 chanting " We never win at home, and we never win away, as we slowly sank toward the third level. Doesn't get more proper than that.

I often wonder when I stopped being a proper fan. Was it from 1985-87, 1989-96, 2000-01 and 2002 onwards when we were in the top division or was it just after the 2008 takeover?
And if I'm not a proper fan, am I an improper fan? I know I often resort to improper language during games so can I use being an improper fan as my defence. It's not easy these days.
Are you a resident of East Level 2, East Level 2? i thought those who sat on the squishy seats had to watch their language. We who sit with Colin Bell in L3 are exempt from being ejected on the grounds of foul and improper language. I've written to the FA and told them I would use more of the language the Queen Mother used but they would have to send via PiGMOL a referee who knew the laws, understood them, and applied them exactly as they are written, or yer can stick PiGMOL up yer f****ing a***e!

Good post, agree (especially re the use of 'improper language'.. even as good as we have become over the past 15 years, The Lads do test us every now and then!)

I've wondered too since 2008 about being 'improper' for a 'fraction' of my life (!!)

It got so bad I would argue with myself whether I was 'proper' or 'improper'.. opinion was 'divided', clearly..(all right, all right.. I'll get me coat!)

My definition of a proper fan is one who sticks with their team through thick and thin stays to the end giving support whatever the score.
Leeds ship six at our place they stay and sing " Marching all together" ever louder, proper fans.
Nited ship four in the first half , half of them f**k off. Glory hunting t**ts.
Us in 98 chanting " We never win at home, and we never win away, as we slowly sank toward the third level. Doesn't get more proper than that.
Agreed, and we had some great days out in the silly divisions. But a supporter of a PL team is more of a proper fan than a supporter of a lower division team who only turns up for big games.

Are you a resident of East Level 2, East Level 2? i thought those who sat on the squishy seats had to watch their language. We who sit with Colin Bell in L3 are exempt from being ejected on the grounds of foul and improper language. I've written to the FA and told them I would use more of the language the Queen Mother used but they would have to send via PiGMOL a referee who knew the laws, understood them, and applied them exactly as they are written, or yer can stick PiGMOL up yer f****ing a***e!
I am indeed a resident of East Level 2 and enjoy the comforts of a squishy seat. But I sit in the middle of the block so the stewards can't tell where the foul and abusive is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.