Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
My definition of a proper fan is one who sticks with their team through thick and thin stays to the end giving support whatever the score.
Leeds ship six at our place they stay and sing " Marching all together" ever louder, proper fans.
Nited ship four in the first half , half of them f**k off. Glory hunting t**ts.
Us in 98 chanting " We never win at home, and we never win away, as we slowly sank toward the third level. Doesn't get more proper than that.
Huddersfield fans in the 10-1 stayed and supported their time. they even got a mention in the coommentary.

Funny how that genuine euro CWC is never acknowledged but Newcastle's 'Fairs Cup'...some mad invitation pre season kick about has been...it's madness we have a shit PR team!
Not sure if it's still true or not but it was (or is) the only European Final played by an English team that was not screened live in the UK on national tv.

Not sure if it's still true or not but it was (or is) the only European Final played by an English team that was not screened live in the UK on national tv.
Our final was the same night as the Leeds v Chelsea fa cup final replay, which I have to say was a bloody fantastic match though I didn't like the result. In fairness the Inter City Fairs was the fore runner of the Eufa Cup with the strange rule that only one team per City could be in it. The Newcastle v Rangers semi final saw crowd trouble on a scale never before seen in England. Time Newcastle won another trophy this years league Cup would be a bloody good start. Howay the lads

Our final was the same night as the Leeds v Chelsea fa cup final replay, which I have to say was a bloody fantastic match though I didn't like the result. In fairness the Inter City Fairs was the fore runner of the Eufa Cup with the strange rule that only one team per City could be in it. The Newcastle v Rangers semi final saw crowd trouble on a scale never before seen in England. Time Newcastle won another trophy this years league Cup would be a bloody good start. Howay the lads
And I'm pretty sure the following year's ECWC final between Chelsea vs Real Madrid was shown live in the UK. As Joe Mercer said of the FA Cup final, it was "merely a qualifier" for the tournament we were poised to win.

The Fairs cup was also an invitational tourney. How they picked the field, I have no idea. One qualifying factor was said to be whether that city had held an international trade fair, hence the cup’s name. Definitely not a real trophy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.