Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
So when the Qatari front man whose Dad funded Syrian terrorists said they want to plough money back into the surrounding area he is basically telling porkies.
Possibly. Kind of like telling FIFA there will be no issues selling alcohol at the world cup, only to change their minds months/weeks before the start of the tournament.

What land?

Surrounding Old Trafford is White City Retail Park, Trafford Park Industrial Estate, a railway line and Chester Rd.

There's literally no land to buy unless they are buying bits from Trafford Council
I could be wrong, but I thought The Rags bought the freight handling site between the stadium and heading up towards the Trafford Centre a few years back, quoting security concerns. Didn't want a site adjacent to them where "terrorists" could launch RPGs.

I could be wrong, but I thought The Rags bought the freight handling site between the stadium and heading up towards the Trafford Centre a few years back, quoting security concerns. Didn't want a site adjacent to them where "terrorists" could launch RPGs.
Why bother when they could just plant bombs in the toilets instead?

I was thinking about starting a new thread titled "Dispelling The Myths" that everyone could contribute useful facts/sources/data to. This was after thinking about the amount of shite that influencers get away with saying about City as gospel, which is totally unfounded. No doubt someone will tell me it's not worth it or the data is meaningless(official estimates are better than nothing) so I will just leave this here for now.

However, I don't see what harm it would do to keep track of what little data we do have on broadcast viewing figures/records for PL games to start with. At the very least, it might make some of the know it alls pause for thought about how accurate their repeated: "City don't have the global audience for their sponsorship values" remarks, which we already knew was unfounded nonsense but telling them how FMV works, who calculates it and the range City sits within doesn't seem to be enough for them. They like lists and figures, even if they don't understand them(netspend lists for example).

2003 to 2019 UK:
Manchester City vs united 2012 was(in 2019) the most watched game in PL history(Sky Sports) with 4.04m views.
Liverpool vs Manchester City 2019 was the 3rd most watched game in PL history with 3.35m views.
City featured as many times in the top 5 as the mighty Liverpool did. More than Chelsea and Arsenal, Spurs were absent from the top 5. [1]
Top most-watched Premier League games:

1: Manchester City vs Manchester United, 30 April 2012 (4.04million)
2: Arsenal vs Manchester United, 16 April 2003 (3.43million)
3: Liverpool vs Manchester City, 10 November 2019 (3.35million)
4: Manchester United vs Liverpool, 20 October 2019 (3.28million)
5: Chelsea vs Manchester United, 5 February 2012 (3.26million)

UK 2021/22:
Liverpool vs City was the second most watched game of the season(Sky Sports) with 3.386m views. After Liverpool vs United with 4.496m, which is now the second most watched of all time. [2]

What is the new first place? I seem to recall it was a City game that surpassed the 2012 Derby in the 2020 COVID restricted season but I'm not certain of it.

USA 2021/22:
Manchester City 3-2 vs Aston Villa was the most watched Championship Sunday match on record(NBC including streaming) with 955k views. [3]

Manchester City vs Liverpool was the second-most watched cable match(USA Network) in U.S history with 1.1m views.[3] The only cable match(NBC) to draw more viewers before then was the Manchester Derby(away) of 2015(NBC streaming figures weren't being tracked back then), which averaged 1.1m viewers(peaked at 1.3m). [4][5]

Manchester City vs Liverpool was also the most watched Spanish-language Premier League game of all time(NBC-Telemundo) with 440k views.[6]

USA 2022/23:
Spurs vs Manchester City was the second most watched Premier League game in U.S history(across all NBC platforms) with 1.91m views.[7]

UK 2022/23:
Arsenal vs Manchester City was the most watched Amazon Prime Premier League game of all time surpassing the 4m views set by Arsenal vs United in 2021.[8] (That's the Sun but the original source was The Athletic, couldn't find an article though)
Twitter:
Arsenal’s match with Manchester City last week set a new streaming record for Amazon in the UK, becoming Prime Video’s most-watched Premier League game, surpassing the previous marker (4m people) set in December 2021 to watch Arsenal & Manchester United. @TheAthleticFC

There may be some conflicting data with the cable viewing records, either that or I'm misinterpreting some of the terms(I have included the sources). Such as, across all platforms vs cable only. Also, are NBC and USA Network part of the same network or not?

That's not too important to my mind, all of this still goes to show how often City feature in some of the most watched games in the UK and the USA and it's been a frequent occurrence for many years now. I find any talk of the opponent being the only reason rather disingenuous. After all, it takes two teams to draw those kind of views or they'd be doing it against a Brentford. They might not all be fans but they are watching City all the same. So, you can't discount City's worth, especially if they are cropping up in the records lists against multiple teams(common denominator).

I also looked into social media follower counts and as I expected, City compare favourably to any of the big 6. As well as an article based on google searches across different regions, as a measure of popularity, for over a decade. I even came across an article from Sports Direct, which covered several metrics across different sports in 2021. Surprisingly, that didn't even have United in the top 40(or Spurs) yet West Ham were in 5th place behind City. I will leave that for another time because I just don't place too much weight in those(going off some of those lists, Chelsea are bigger than Arsenal and even Liverpool in some cases) and I doubt sponsors do either. At least, not in the way they do Broadcast views across the PL and CL.

Last edited:
No country is 'bombing Yemen'. Why have people bought into a vicous media narrative. 2 factions of the Muslim faith are, (sadly) fighting each other in a proxy war. Iran is funding terrorists, both hope to overthrow a Yemini government that believes a different version of Islam. Saudi Arabia and the UAE support the Yemini government.
Should get the Iranians to buy the Rags or Dippers
A whole bunch of Shiite’s.

Current BBC football page - top 10 stories. There is one story about us headlined 'De Bruyne and Laporte out of Champions League tie.

1677080326053.png

F*ck me, there's a wholesale inquest going on at the Daily Liverpool. Article after article about Liverpool's shite performance against Real Madrid.

Screenshot-20230222-154640-2.png

If you keep on scrolling, scrolling, and scrolling, finally reaching the bottom of the page, you'll come across this article about City. Featuring the usual and predictable stock picture of Pep looking glum and perplexed.

Screenshot-20230222-140355-2.png@

Apart from that, there's absolutely no mention about tonight's match.

PS. The Champions of England are playing in the CL tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.