Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that our recent dominance is ruining the Premier League.

F8-E30-D99-51-C3-4-C70-9018-6-A35560-FBA45.jpg

(In the last 10 seasons 5 different clubs have won the league. In the 20 PL seasons before that, only 5 different teams had won the title, with United winning it 12 times, or 60% of the time. We have won it 50% of the time in the last 10 seasons.)

(In the last 10 seasons 5 different clubs have won the league. In the 20 PL seasons before that, only 5 different teams had won the title, with United winning it 12 times, or 60% of the time. We have won it 50% of the time in the last 10 seasons.)
Yea but…

Back in the 80's, I was dating a girl from Hurst Cross area of Ashton. Her old man had a car showroom, and one evening he told me a fellow dealer was coming round over some business, and said I might be interested in meeting him.

Yup, it was Mike Doyle. He was really chatty, polite and a friendly guy. On leaving, he shook my hand, and I asked him if it was true he really hated the rags so much?
He pulled me towards him, and practically growled in my ear ''I still fucking well do'''. :-)
Good story, Mike Doyle had a Car Sales garage, Hartshead Motors, on Oldham Road Bardsley for a few years. He sold the business plot to his mate at Rodo Brushes (same fella I caddied for) Rodo is a huge business now based in Droylesden.

Lived just near me, was a member of Ashton GC and very good golfer, around 1 handicap. He stayed off the drink for a good few months but was suffering with diabetes and wasn’t well. He finally succumbed to liver failure unfortunately at the age of 64, I was outside the Church in Ashton where they had the service, it was rammed inside and out, most of his team mates were there and loads of City fans in their colours.

Btw, he hated the Rags!
Hated Rags with a passion. My wife was friends with his daughter growing up. She always says he was just a wonderful man. Taken too soon.

If some pundit had made the argument the year before the PL started that United had 'istory, and City didn't they'd have been laughed out of the studio.

13 wins in 21 years.

Liverpool were similar - around for 130 years, but 10 of their titles came in just 15 years.

He’s got the cheek on Twitter trying to act innocent regarding the article he’s published. Just another hatchet job on our club.
Another cowboy who can’t even be bothered to read the CAS documents. Just peddling the narrative with no challenge or scrutiny to the PL claims. No balance no fairness and no context. Just the usual shite we have come to expect from people who claim to be sports journalists.

"Man city have turned the Premier league into a farmers league" Yeah like it was so bloody competitive before we were taken over.

I quite like CNN News.

But even they’ve fallen for the United 1.1 billion fans myth and lie.

At least they added ‘self-proclaimed’.

3DDFD483-F84B-4414-900C-5740A7A1E7CB.jpeg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.