Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
just can't help themselves can they lol

Manchester City 2-0 Chelsea

Emma Smith
BBC Sport at Academy Stadium
Today's attendance is 5,222, a bit shy of full capacity with a few empty light blue seats in evidence, despite reports this game was a sell-out.

Interestingly, when Chelsea women beat us 2-0 at Kingsmeadow in September, the BBC described Chelsea's opening goal as coming "much to the delight of a packed Kingsmeadow".

The crowd that day? 4,403.

Additionally, united's last league game at Leigh Sports village saw a crowd of 3600. No mention of empty seats in that BBC report obviously, although I think there were a few...

Attachments

• Screenshot_2023-03-27-12-02-07-71_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-27-12-02-07-71_4e3a4e884d35a3e473eec66b07ef8cea.jpg
    798.6 KB · Views: 93
The ballbag presenting sky sports news at the minute, the one who's hair transplant looks like a flat badger, he's just said about the conte sacking and i quote.

"I must admit from the outside looking in I'm confused. Conte and mourinho between them have won more trophies than Pep Guardiola, they was serial winners when they came to Tottenham.."

Fuckin..
DA8KeaYPgCMMM.gif

The ballbag presenting sky sports news at the minute, the one who's hair transplant looks like a flat badger, he's just said about the conte sacking and i quote.

"I must admit from the outside looking in I'm confused. Conte and mourinho between them have won more trophies than Pep Guardiola, they was serial winners when they came to Tottenham.."

Fuckin..
View attachment 73236

Jose Conte or Antonio Mourinho?

This is in the BBC after match report:

The battle has been opened wide by City's victory, which came after manager Gareth Taylor described the fixture as must-win before the game.

His players rose to the task, putting City firmly in the frame for a maiden WSL title.

I thought we won it in 2016?

4854883bd1d062e88341e3d3facce794.jpg

Not got sly sports news on, but are they reporting Chelsea’s £121M losses across the screen on a black ticker tape? The article on the app I’ve just read is 43mins old and already buried right down the page. No way government sanctions caused that amount of losses, and no way should they be excused from having to meet requirements because their owner was putins mate & ran it with £1.5B of losses for twenty years

So winning the league in 2016 and being runners up 6 times isn't competing with and being part of the elite ?

Edit: I see you've back tracked now. Elite being one team !

I don’t even know the exact quote we’re discussing. And I’m assuming you don’t either. Even the guy who quoted it, changed it second time he used it. Anyway. My original comment was more out of surprise that anybody has beaten City 11 tones on the trot, as I knew City were consistently one of the better teams.

Not got sly sports news on, but are they reporting Chelsea’s £121M losses across the screen on a black ticker tape? The article on the app I’ve just read is 43mins old and already buried right down the page. No way government sanctions caused that amount of losses, and no way should they be excused from having to meet requirements because their owner was putins mate & ran it with £1.5B of losses for twenty years

There last accounts they lost 143m thought it be a lot more around 200m losses! Next year if they don’t get champs league this season will be 200m unless they sell half there team..

Is £121M the annual loss or combined losses for 3 years for FFP?

They have 39 players on their full time playing staff - they'll be selling and gifting a shitload of them in close season.
If they sell 10 at 10 million they'll be within the 105 Million limit for 3 years financials. I have no idea who'll be going on a free and who is still with a decent length of contract though.
I'm sure the PL disciplinary committee will be all over it though if they're outside the limits....won't they?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.