Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
xG is bollocks
A penalty, which must be one of largest opportunities to score, isn't counted as a full point
It's calculated by % of all the penalties ever recorded that have been scored
So if that is 4 in 5 (80%) then xG recorded Haalands pen yesterday as 0.8 of a chance
And to think , some people have studied every shot /goal to record these stats for xG

If you put Erling Haaland on a 1v1 with the keeper and Raheem Sterling in the same situation, who would you put your money on scoring!
Surely whoever the chance falls to makes a huge difference in expectation of if a goal is scored or not
No, you dinosaurs, because it’s based on the average player as it’s an average of all stats. It’s also why Haaland has outperformed his xG every season he’s played football whereas Jesus and Sterling have always unperformed theirs. Which shows it’s exactly right as to show which players are terrible finishers compared to the mean.

You can't have an IMO about what it represents. It's the same model applied across all match situationsa. Haaland is outperforming his xG, that is factual

What you are describing is that he's meeting your personal expectations. xG helps us prove he's the deadliest striker on the planet!

I agree we don't need xG for that specific situation but that doesn't mean it's a useless stat
Exactly, I’m genuinely surprised by how many don’t understand why, after goals scored, it’s the best metric to quickly see which team were the most dangerous post game. It’s far better than shots taken, shots on target or possession.

It’s not foolproof by any stretch but it’s much better than any other one after the score line.

No, you dinosaurs, because it’s based on the average player as it’s an average of all stats. It’s also why Haaland has outperformed his xG every season he’s played football whereas Jesus and Sterling have always unperformed theirs. Which shows it’s exactly right as to show which players are terrible finishers compared to the mean.
How can anyone compare stats of the Austrian league with those of the Premier and it doesn’t take a statistician to tell me Haaland is a better finisher that Sterling

Is xG also calculated on home or away, or the pressure of a game, the last moment in a cup final or playing a far lesser team in the Carabaou cup when already 5-0 up!
Samaras would have been world class if only taking his Scottish statistics into consideration

And what constitutes an average player? (James Milner excepted) Is this judged on Premier league or all four top divisions in England, or all top divisions in Europe or all professional leagues in the world

As sure as night follows day City are identified here as flimsy accusations morph into hard facts... https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...hillsborough-abuse-tragedy-chanting-liverpool
When city played liverpool at anfield and they beat us 3-2 (under pelligrini, slippy G year, they thought by beating us theyd won the league. They didnt) my seat was immediately next to the dippers.
The hillsborough minutes silence was met with impecccable silence (we have form for impeccably observing minutes silences) from us blues. Not a peep, utter silence, lots with heads bowed etc.

When the silence was ended by the refs whistle we were met with a vile, aggressive torrent of abuse by the scouse bastards next to us.
Surprisingly i was shocked. I actually expected a nod of appreciation. But i reqlly didnt expect abuse.

I will never again observe a minutes silence for them and will stand in the concourse.

They demand respect whilst giving none.

Murderers
(Oh and for any lurking dippers, thats a reference to heysel, you grief addicted candle lighting cunts)

We should start a broadsheet children’s game called “Where’s City”, where you have to find the headline about our matches and/or record breaking play.
As long as you don't get it mixed up with Where's Wally, set kids playing that with any of today's newspapers and they'd end up having a seizure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.