Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's worth a read. People on here are being hypersensitive, it's not really about City, it's not demanding change or presenting just 1 point of view, it's just about remembering the history behind the symbols we use.
I am not saying that City owners are perfect. I am not saying that questions can’t be asked about aspects of our ownership.

But there has been an unrelenting attempt in the media to smear the club and this has culminated in the hypocrisy of us being taken to court. And the Guardian has been part of this. A Manchester paper!!

I can only speak for myself and say yes I am sensitive. Doesn’t mean the article is wrong but it’s written for an organisation that is trying to damage us. So they don’t get the benefit of the doubt.

Serious question why is there so much hatred for us in general? Media especially... Look at the good our owners have done. Transformed east Manchester, tranformed our club and actually care about our club... Our club does plenty in the community, play the best football England has ever seen.... I could go on and on about the good points. Yet we are lambasted consistently in the media and by majority of other fans it's actually sad to see

I'm happy that the ship represents the ships that brought my family from Ireland to Manchester in the 1840s. They lived in a basement hovel around sudehill and were employed in the textile industry in conditions that would now be called slavery.
Despite this i can cope with the club badge as is, and even the rag one with its depiction of Beelzebub. Good luck to the guardian with their book burning crusade.

That's great, but I'm sure you could also imagine some people like the guy mentioned in the article whose letter promted it, or the people who raised it 30 years ago might feel different, and their opinion would be just as valid as yours which is why it's interesting to read these different points of view collected in an article.

These articles are also worth having because they teach us about our history, we've got loads of people going off about how the ship is to do with the canal (which is what I thought as well), but that's obviously not true when it predates the canal by 50 years.

No one's burning any books, no one's demanding any changes, no one is suggesting we get ladders and a chisel and go around chipping the ship off every building, no one is going after the club.

The Ederson piece is a misleading headline, but the piece is in the name of Karen Bardsley, and it largely defends Ederson and explains that the bare stats don't tell the whole story.
But it has the line that 'some City fans think Ederson is the weak link "
Every Blue I have met has sung his praises. Shite article.

It's clearly not an anti-City article and it was an interesting read but I thought the links to the ships on our's and United's crest were a bit tenuous. The 3 things Hattenstone targets - the Mcr coat of arms, the establishment of City, and the establishment of United (and the subsequent incorporation of a ship into the club crests) all long post-date the abolition of slavery.

Don't get me wrong - I'm not saying I'd be particularly arsed if we swapped the ship for a bee, but this smacks of a bit of pontificating from The Guardian as they appear to currently be undergoing a process of self flaggelation about their own links to slavery.

As for Hattenstone, I'll never forget that prick in 2006 saying he didn't really consider himself a City fan anymore because Ben Thatcher elbowed Pedro Mendes yet here he is nearly 20 years later still supporting us!

Serious question why is there so much hatred for us in general? Media especially... Look at the good our owners have done. Transformed east Manchester, tranformed our club and actually care about our club... Our club does plenty in the community, play the best football England has ever seen.... I could go on and on about the good points. Yet we are lambasted consistently in the media and by majority of other fans it's actually sad to see

Jealousy,bitterness,and the fact we kicked their back doors in when uninvited! pmsl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.