Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only thing I find odd about the paddy power tweet is they've not used allegedly. None of the charges are proven yet and has gone legal.

Still, we're in the final. From my point of view, Stockport, bury, Mansfield and numerous other wet and windy defeats, I'll take the 'bought' fairytale:)
Maybe someone from City's legal department could do a reverse pisstake by saying ' paddy power leaving out the word 'allegedly ' leaves them more open than the Arsenal back four without Saliba

Everytime I see this kind of rubbish I think the same: yeah, like if all the other teams didn't spend any money.

When we sign a player, we are "braking fair play"

When any other team sign a player, it is "perfectly understandable and completely fair"

And it's a mousetrap, because if we don't win, the speech is "incredible, they spend a lot of money and they still not winning titles"

So, whatever we do, it's always wrong.

I'm starting to think it's just envy...
It's always been envy.

Exactly. They are owned by Flutter PLC who are the biggest gambling company in the world. Financially they dwarf us. Just let this one go. There is no upside for us. Pick your battles. This is one we shouldn’t even go near. Laugh it off and move on.
Regardless - it's a PR disaster and not one to take a swing at over a 'joke'...........

funny how media cannot stop praising the Wrexham story and the owners, came in pumped money into the club, winning promotion to League Two, and same journos who cant stop hating City and the owners are praising Hollywood star Reynolds like best owner in the world as he helped the club and community too.

wonder if he was an Arab...

Exactly. They are owned by Flutter PLC who are the biggest gambling company in the world. Financially they dwarf us. Just let this one go. There is no upside for us. Pick your battles. This is one we shouldn’t even go near. Laugh it off and move on.
I think I will close my account with PP .
What is a decent App people use as alternative .
I’m thinking Bet365?

Flutter, in terms revenue and cash flow, has actually not been doing exceptionally well as of late. They are just recovering free cash flow and are actually running negative net income and profit margins through last year (the former will likely be destroyed if there is another major downturn in the markets given their reliance on investment income to meet operating shortfalls). And their overall capital resources are a fraction of ADUG and our owners.

Not that I am saying we should go after them—I don’t think we should, especially not until there is an actual outcome with the charges—but I am fairly sure we (and especially our owners) could handle a legal battle with them.

Everytime I see this kind of rubbish I think the same: yeah, like if all the other teams didn't spend any money.

When we sign a player, we are "braking fair play"

When any other team sign a player, it is "perfectly understandable and completely fair"

And it's a mousetrap, because if we don't win, the speech is "incredible, they spend a lot of money and they still not winning titles"

So, whatever we do, it's always wrong.

I'm starting to think it's just envy...
Of course it's just envy /bitterness. Some are still reeling from the Stirling transfer and raz saying the motivation was winning titles (not money).
I enjoy PPs stuff, but the point where any gambling company starts moralising is where I get off the bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.