Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I win Euromillions, and it isn't as much as some fucker 20-odd years ago, will I give a fuck? Nah! In fact, I won't give a shit what anyone says I'll be too busy counting the cash.

Similar thing if we win the Treble. I won't give a toss what some whining Scouser or Rag thinks about it.

Jonathan Wison in The Guardian has just written a piece about even if we do the treble it wont be as good as the rags.

That must be at least 5 articles the media have wrote about this in the last week

What's most bothersome is the fact that all the way back in 2022 (can you remember that far back?) we won on the last day, after going 2-0 down with a win that led, to us at least, asking if that was up there with 93:20. It doesn't get more exciting than that. We all lost our collective shit.

1682801418493.png
Of course, scenes like this (or based on that article the event itself) are forgotten about when either the media or other fans use the "machine-like" or "dispassionate" tags (this years attempt at belittling our club). Cunts. The lot of em.

Jonathan Wison in The Guardian has just written a piece about even if we do the treble it wont be as good as the rags.

That must be at least 5 articles the media have wrote about this in the last week

The turnaround has been pretty dramatic since he wrote this! They don't find it exciting for the same reason I don't find watching United winning exciting and love watching them lose.

Beth Rigby should stick to political discussion, the villa chairman on English Football we get a mention near the end

Most of the time I don’t get to het up about this stuff, whether it’s praising or shitting on City. But this was an absolute steaming pile of shite, the worst bollocks I’ve read all year (and I’ve just read Destination Void by Frank Herbert). It’s just so fucking obvious they might as well have used a picture of Wilson wearing a rag and stroking his chin.

It’s worth going to the comments because he’s getting called out, even by non blues.
Prompted me to read the comments - you're right, there's some great pushback :)

I liked this:

Wait, did I miss a memo? After all these years of berating City for never winning the Champions League we now get to berate them for winning it? Even though they still have to beat Real Madrid to get to the final for the second time ever. And berate them for also winning the treble, even though they have not been top of the league all season and have still to win anything this season? Bizarre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.