Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's look at an alternative scenario. An England World Cup game v Spain, and England score a goal where the the ball might have been out of play some time before. Does anyone believe that there would have been endless discussion about how England's goal should have been disallowed? Of course not, because the media all support England in the World Cup, as you'd expect. Had Spain scored such a goal, there cdertainly would have been an angry inquest.

It therefore depends on whom you want to win. We don't want Spain to beat England, so the media will dispute the legality of their goal. By the same token, some media rats don't want City to do well, so they'll look for ways to disprove the legitimacy of a City goal, however brilliant it was.

You'd think that City, as the only English club left in the competition, would get the wholehearted support of the media. But no. In ther words, City are reported/commented on by many sources in a different way from the national side.

It shows that many do not want us to succeed, or the hegemony of the redshirted trio will be threatened.
Let their piss boil and continue to enjoy the ride.

Last edited:
These producers of football coverage don't know what fans want to see. I think they all have visions of grandeur and are trying to be Martin Scorsese with the long lingering looks at Managers on the bench doing feck all while it's kicking off on the pitch. Just show the game. I don't want to look at all the ugly mugs from Bluemoon (apart from Kaz, obviously) while Erling is knocking one in!
I find it hard to believe any of them have season tickets and watch games during their time off. If they did, they certainly wouldn't enjoy watching the tedious camera work they foist on us all. All the noise about the ball supposedly going out of play against Madrid, but no comment on numerous foul throws and goal keepers stepping out of the area before releasing the ball we see in every game.

Like this?

th
I hope Balo reposts this should we win the CL.

BBC Sport dedicated 6 minutes to the Milan Derby today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.