Media thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amount of blatant refereeing 'errors' MOTD either ignore or gloss-over is astounding, especially in our games. It's like they shit scared of rocking the boat with the PiGMOL/PL.
IMO They have been told that if they continue to criticise they will not be allowed to show matches, the license will be withdrawn. You cannot attack the product no matter how wank/bent it is.

Our second xi would be something like this.

Ortega

Lewis
Akanji
Laporte
Gomez

Phillips
Perrone
Foden

Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer

Not sure even the most one eyed City fans would consider that xi to be full of World class players.

Foden, Mahrez, Laporte maybe.

Akanji and Gomez very good players.
You're right - it's a completely bizarre take by the media - however, you can give me that 11 over this one.

De Gea

Dalot
Varane
Martinez
Shaw

Casemiro
The despicable **** fernandes
Fred

Rashford
Tony Marshall
Antony

I bet he wasn’t crying for protection for the player that martinelli took out.
How that challenge goes unpunished is beyond me……

However…. His team mate made sure he didn’t do it again (Caicedo maybe)
And was thanked lol
That did remind me of Sunday league, not seen such a blatant payback for a while in the PL.

It was hardly a game changer, it was already done and dusted at that point, the only effect was to deny Haaland another goal.
And deny Leeds and Leicester regarding goal difference.
Besides which, wtf has 'it was hardly a game changer' got to do with blatantly ignoring the rules ?
Oh and what if I had £100 on 4 nil ? There are consequences that aren't always obvious when bent referees ignore blatant fouls.

Ortega

Lewis
Akanji
Laporte
Gomez

Phillips
Perrone
Foden

Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer

Not sure even the most one eyed City fans would consider that xi to be full of World class players.

Agreed and on a similar theme most of our signings who are said to be making the league uncompetitive we're almost all rubbished on joining city, Walker ridiculous price for FB, Dias, error prone bad buy, KDB fee laughed at, Akeley player stocking won't play, Rodri immobile. You could go right through the team They have tried it on with nearly all if them then when it doesn't work said its nit fair they are too good. ..

Ortega

Lewis
Akanji
Laporte
Gomez

Phillips
Perrone
Foden

Mahrez
Alvarez
Palmer

Absolutely, you could pick a rags or Chelsea 2nd xi and it would look stronger than City's, even the dippers 2nd string wouldn't look too shabby

Nedum did a segment on the extremely anti-City 'Off the Ball' show, went fine ...

Nice to see them interview a proper City pundit. For years, their go-to guy was Danny fucking Mills.

In a side note, some of Off the Ball's interviews with ex United, Liverpool or (especially) former Irish rugby players over the years have been tantamount to the presenter begging the guy, 'can I be your friend..?'

Dreadful channel. Can't stand them usually - but it is admittedly easier to put up with when, for a change, it's one of our own they're all about. Thanks for sharing.

When BBC Sport does what it does best.

Well worth a read and to see the 93:20 moment again.

7A85E6C7-7105-4AD1-A92A-D3E73673E36D.jpeg

PS. I still can’t watch that Sergio PL title winning goal without crying at the end. :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.